Look at how Stan Lee transformed himself into a real-life superhero

Jack Kirby considered Stan such a grifter he created the character of Funky Flashman (Funky Flashman - Wikipedia) to highlight what Stan was like

4 Likes

Did The Legend ever show up in The Boys tv show?

Used to? Guess I haven’t read any Thor in awhile. I liked the self-catapult spin and throw method! I mean, not much in comics made sense to me, so I just went with it.

1 Like

9 Likes

I got a big kick out of two things and was a bit freaked out about one. The freak out was seeing Stan Lee in 1966. Yikes. The two things I got a kick out of were back to back and start around 2:50

1. Stan Lee saying that if you just present the world as it really is, people will think it is broad satire. I’m beginning to think we are living in Warren Ellis’ Transmetropolitan.
  2. The Hunter Thompson joke.
1 Like

He’s very Kevin Spacey-ish.

(This was going to be a ‘who should play him in a movie’ post, but fuck Kevin Spacey.)

I would also add that Marvel, is respectful to their characters regardless of their ridiculousness from the comics or era they came from. Look at Arnim Zola from the comics and as played by Toby Keith in the movies or Ulysses Klaw played by Andy Serkis.

In DC comics they rip characters to make Batman more impossibly badass. Green Lantern is a joke. Barry Allen says things like, “I don’t have any friends.” Superman is a moody putz that can’t even save his Dad. If DC doesn’t care about their characters, why care about their movies?

It will be interesting to see if the covid-era relaxation of grooming standards leads to another round of dramatic changes in appearance or if people revert pretty fast as things reopen. I have evolved from generic business casual to grunge anachronism and I kind of prefer it this way.

2 Likes

It’s fascinating how much his speech pattern changed and deepened in those few years. He found his look and his voice, in a huge number of ways.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.