Look at this endless line of cars waiting for the drive-thru at Jack in the Box

Looks like my local In n Out, except with more space between the cars. And people are actually not blocking intersections!

4 Likes

Why can’t someone with decent food get these customers?

6 Likes

Lot of trucks. How many burgers are those people buying?

4 Likes

I remember when the first Chick-Fil-A opened here in my area there was similar levels of ridiculous that lasted for months. You had traffic backed up for blocks, police directing traffic, and all of that. It didn’t really stop until more locations eventually opened up.

6 Likes

Wait I thought it was because people were time poor that they ate that shit food?

Also, really wanted to say what @ClutchLinkey said: that’s public infrastructure that they have managed to use as an “externalised” resource. Charge them for it. Sick of tax handouts to companies.

Also a lot of the public infrastructure abutting the highway is crumbling and shows the signs of inappropriate use, I.e. cars having parked or driven on it which degrades the pavements.

10 Likes

WTAF. I thought this couldn’t possibly be real, but…

One person who showed up on Day 1 claimed the wait had reached three hours to place an order.

3 Likes

Surely at that stage you hit up the restaurant on uber eats, get the essential borger sent down the queue to you.

3 Likes

Too inconvenient.

2 Likes

We called it Jack in the Balpha

5 Likes

apparently it is considered an “event”. Nothing else to do there so they can all say claim bragging rights or something to the fact that “they went there”.

The only time I have ever waited in a line that long was for our annual Recycling Event at the High School. Sit in the car for over an hour to drop stuff off. Everyone else is idling and spewing emissions everywhere while my little EV does none of that and ends up costing about 33¢ in electrons.

2 Likes

Damn, I’d think twice about that a Michelin starred place. Fast food? No freaking way.

3 Likes

Ugh. When I was in high school I had a job painting apartments on Ocean Beach, San Diego. The owner of the company would show up every morning with Jack in the Box breakfast sandwiches and cokes. Every day. All. Summer. Long. I can’t even look at their food any more.

5 Likes

The fact that is was the first to open in the area, making it an “event”… makes one realize just how much some people are addicted to the social status of being able to claim “first.” Reminds me of the dumb old trope of posting “first” on blog comments.

Makes me wonder what proportion of the people in that line consider themselves influencers and are going to be uploading their TikTok/Insta/YouTube reactions minutes after they get through with the line.

4 Likes

Okay, I take back my earlier comment, because that makes it pretty clear that all those cars really were heading to the Jack in the Box.

Maybe these are people who can’t afford hundreds of dollars for concert tickets, but still relish the experience of waiting in line with fellow fans of something?

2 Likes

Funny. Not to get too off topic, but when I suggested the same thing (hiring security) to protect stores and employees from bigoted attacks when Target stores were…targeted for having Pride displays, a bunch of people were wringing their hands about what a violent response that was, or how it’s not the store’s responsibility…
This isn’t directed at you, just venting my frustration how some things seem to be okay to protect, but others, we’re just expected to give up.
And that of the two examples, access to drive thru donuts is the thing that’s seemingly okay to protect.

11 Likes

And know you know the reason that Jack In The Box spends hundreds of millions of dollars on TV advertising…

1 Like

Was it to spread the word about freaky, outdated children’s toys?

6 Likes

Betty White Ok Love GIF

8 Likes

Taco Tuesday Monster Taco promotion?

2 Likes

This is the first and only Jack in the Box in northern Utah, although more are planned. So that explains the line, but here in the SLC area it’s not uncommon for people to wait in their cars for up to 20 minutes to get overpriced sodas with flavorings added to them.

7 Likes