Look at this spaceship bunk bed a dad made for his kid

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/07/05/look-at-this-spaceship-bunk-be.html

7 Likes

awesome!!! super dad win.

5 Likes

Darn it. Once again, I am shown to be a horrible dad who doesn’t love his kids. :frowning:

This is awesome.

9 Likes

Parent of the year award goes to…

2 Likes

“I can pinch you anywhere in the house with this!”

(Actual quote, my son as a very young child. I used to let him play with a 1950s oscilloscope and one of my friends asked him what the machine did.)

7 Likes

kids go to bed on time, but now dad hears ion cannon and tie fighter passes for the next 6 hours coming out of his kids room. Preschooler now gets less sleep than a teenager, bites all the kids at daycare because he cant control his mood on account of his sleep deprivation.

2 Likes

I’d love to see the plans for just the console and electronics. The plans for the whole thing are $100 (!)

That boys smile…that’s the greatest thing going. To have helped put that smile in place has to be one of the finest feelings in the world. Earning a kids smile just about beats anything I can think of. Good show dad, your little Captain Kid must feel great.

5 Likes

Yeah. I may be a shit dad, but my kid sleeps.
[Momentarily feels better about self.]

1 Like

My dad made some cool stuff for me when I was a kid but this here is really special!

1 Like

It’s good for kids when they grow up in a home where stuff is made. You learn so much that will be very useful later in life, without even noticing that you are learning.

4 Likes

All the sounds are controlled via Raspberry Pi.

But couldn’t you do the same job simpler with a wiring harness?

I must say, the headphones and mics make this go from just awesome to super cool!

I’ll be “that guy” and mention that he says the power is on a timer that turns it off at night.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.