Look inside Canada's largest mansion which is completely abandoned and a total mess

Yet, at a glance, lumber does not seem to feature prominently in it’s construction

1 Like

Run it at double speed; very effective in this case.

Before it was rundown, EON productions (James Bond) could have purchased it for a film set, and later used it as a Museum. Well, that plan is foiled. It was also too far out of place. Damn, if only he would have built a modest home with Frank Loyd Wright proportions.

2 Likes

Cue the old, “I used to have a car like that…” gag.

5 Likes

I’d just like to step in with a quick edit to the post title if I may?

Look inside Canada’s largest mansion which is completely abandoned and a total mess - eh?

I’ll let myself out now… thanks. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You forgot the ‘sorry’

6 Likes

Looks like a great filming site ( outside) for a Star Trek filming. Cadet’s residence?
It is a far out design, indeed.

1 Like

It needs some flying jello space parasites.

3 Likes

I haven’t been by it more than a couple times since the pandemic started so maybe I should keep my mouth shut, but the Scientology building on Yonge in Toronto also seems to be abandoned. I’ve read that they owed property tax on it as well.

Occasionally you’d still see a guy in front of it with a table and copies of Dianetics harassing passers-by, though.

2 Likes

There was a 2012 documentary about an american couple with a similar story – tried to build a massive mansion, lost it in the financial crash, left behind a half-built ruin. It’s a real trip.

3 Likes

nobody was going to be driving here

2 Likes

The Toronto Org has been “under renovation” since mid 2012. They have a temporary place that’s shifted at least three times.

I think the guy with the table is so that they won’t lose their bogus 50% property tax rebate for “religious purposes”, which they don’t qualify for under Ontario law. Long story.

2 Likes

Brain slugs Futurama:

3 Likes

Wait, did Oklahoma take a vacation up north?

4 Likes

Good label. Just like tRumps wall & all those empty homes in Fl.

1 Like

Let’s not go there, it is a silly place…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.