Looking back on Kolchak: The Night Stalker 50 years later

Gil Mellé wrote the [ETA: TV show’s] theme, and also the Night Gallery theme. Great stuff!

My BF and I have been Kolchak fans since childhood.

6 Likes

“Carl Kolchak, the determined, hard-scrabble Vegas reporter…”

The series was set in Chicago. I fondly remember the episode with a scene at the Adler Planetarium as I’d just visited it on a trip there.

2 Likes

The Night Stalker movie was set in Lost Wages.

2 Likes

The pre-series sequel, The Night Strangler was set in Seattle.

2 Likes

I loved the movie. I was 15 at the time. The one thing that struck me even then was a scene were the bad guy returns home. He goes to the fridge where he keeps blood. As he is pulling the bottle out it clinks with another bottle like if you bonked a glass milk bottle to another in the fridge. There was a banality to that moment.
My biggest disappointment was the in the series were they went to the Seattle Underground. Shortly thereafter our school made a trip to the underground. No lost city scape under the streets. Just interconnected basements.
And If I remember correctly that was part of the weekly Tuesday Movie of the week.

3 Likes

Yes!

One of my biggest regrets is not asking about the Seattle beneath the surface while I lived there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.