Looks like Eric Trump steals from kids with cancer

With any luck the 2020 Democratic candidate for President will be competing against Pence or some other Trump successor.

3 Likes
4 Likes

At least he’s got animal killer cred going for him.

3 Likes

It has got to be the smarmy looking one.

Oh.

7 Likes

I would vote Jeb Bush over Trump, and it looks like I may have to.

2 Likes

Is this not the look of a trustworthy face?

3 Likes

This isn’t terribly surprising, there’s a lot of cases of charities skimming off the donations by charging administrative fees and whatnot. It’s not something that only the Trumps are doing but considering their current political positioning it is important to hold them accountable for their shady business dealing.

1 Like

5 Likes

They’re really all basically the same, but for the record, it’s the slicked-back hair dickhead on the far left. Literally, not ideologically, of course.

3 Likes

Ian Gillule, who worked as a membership and marketing director at the Westchester course, told Forbes that Donald Trump was not happy with the expenses the charity wasn’t being billed for.

“Mr. Trump had a cow,” Forbes quoted Gillule as saying. “He flipped. He was like, ‘We’re donating all of this stuff, and there’s no paper trail? No credit?’ And he went nuts. He said, ‘I don’t care if it’s my son or not — everybody gets billed.’”

3 Likes

To me, this story read more like Eric Trump was going to run a charity event using resources he felt he was entitled to that he didn’t actually have authority over and then Donald Trump decided it would be better to make a profit off of it. That is to say, it’s more that Donald Trump stole money from his son’s kids-with-cancer charity.

10 Likes

Oh him. I didn’t think he was smart enough to be so corrupt.

I thought it must be the one on the right who cuts tails off elephants.

Which, when you think about the fact that he doesn’t care about sick children in his own family, makes sense.

3 Likes

No one, "I am totally surprised."
His base, "FAKE NEWS!!!"
BBS, "Christ, what an asshole."
Me, sigh

5 Likes

I was under the impression that it was a scheme to launder money from Donald’s charity through Eric’s back into Donald’s business. Hard to tell, though because like most stories involving Donald and accounting, there’s plenty of money being counted twice. “We get to use the golf courses for free.” = “Donald’s charity will reimburse Eric’s charity for the amount of money that Donald’s business charges for using the course.” = money laundering.

5 Likes

I’m not comfortable doing this, but to be fair to the younger sociopath, this is basically Donnie’s mess, not his son’s. From the Forbes article:

But in 2011, things took a turn. Costs for Eric Trump’s tournament jumped from $46,000 to $142,000, according to the foundation’s IRS filings. Why would the price of the tournament suddenly triple in one year? “In the early years, they weren’t being billed [for the club]–the bills would just disappear,” says Ian Gillule, who served as membership and marketing director at Trump National Westchester during two stints from 2006 to 2015 and witnessed how Donald Trump reacted to the tournament’s economics. "Mr. Trump had a cow. He flipped. He was like, ‘We’re donating all of this stuff, and there’s no paper trail? No credit?’ And he went nuts. He said, ‘I don’t care if it’s my son or not–everybody gets billed.’ "

5 Likes

At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if the thing that finally takes down the Trump empire is a bunch of kids putting on a last minute show at the orphanage.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Typical Dems. They don’t know why they lost, and they don’t care either, and they will be totally and unironically surprised when they keep losing.

2 Likes

14 Likes