Los Angeles police find warehouse containing $7 million in stolen Nike sneakers

Originally published at: Los Angeles police find warehouse containing $7 million in stolen Nike sneakers | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This Gone in 60 Seconds reboot sucks.

5 Likes

Boy, Nike boxes sure look like Coca-Cola boxes.

2 Likes

Sneaky effs.
Actual price before markups? $7,000

2 Likes

So a trailer truck’s amount of shoes?

2 Likes

Lookin’ good boys!

3 Likes

ISWYDT. Boooo!

5 Likes

From the headline, I was kinda hoping $7 million dollars was hidden stuffed inside some sneakers.

But no, just some overpriced trainers.
You might be surprised to find I’m not a huge fan of nike.

So, 7mil?, nah. As we say over here, not worth a wank.

2 Likes

I mean, I knew that the second hand market for this stuff exists, but it sure is a head-scratcher to me.
I guess because my method of buying Nikes is waiting for a decent pair of running shoes that I know fits me well to go on sale for 40% off…
One thing I don’t understand is why shoes fit different. I wear a 10.5 in NB, I wear an 11 in Mizuno and Nike, a 10.5 in Adidas, etc…
If I put my foot on a Brannock device, I am a solid 10.5D. MAKE YOUR 10.5D SHOE THAT SIZE!
/ end rant.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the warehouse had a lot more than one shipping container of Nikes.

If you completely stuff a conex with nothing but adult men’s shoeboxes, simple math says you could fit maybe 2500 boxes into one. Dividing $7M by that number gives an average value of $2800 per pair. I know their shoes are overvalued and overpriced, but not every pair is that far overpriced. So either the cops overestimated the value by a whole lot (absolutely a possibility), or they had more than a dozen shipping containers full of stolen shoes in there.

1 Like

So, five pairs?

So the Police haven’t talked to the warehouse owner who could identify the lessor who could identify the sub-lessor who would be the person responsible for storing this stolen property. I find that hard to believe.

Warehouse owner shell company papered in the Cayman Islands, lessor operating under fake business license, sub lessor using space on a handshake agreement. There are many ways that discovering the owner of a given piece of property can be difficult.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.