Louisiana police officers fired over death threat to politician

Thanks for posting the local story. (Aside: It’s funny how often I first hear about stuff via the BBC (though I’m in the US), but I try to get more info from the local news.)

From that local story, it seems that these two “police officers” were not much more than security guards that took a public oath. From the article:

Neither Rispoli, who had 14 years on the force, and Varisco, who had less than three years, had worked the streets as patrol officers, Lawson said. Both did security detail in the Jefferson Parish Governmental Building…

Lawson said the department looked into arrests the two officers had made and found only two each, all taking place inside the courtroom. He said Varisco also had worked security at Gretna City Hall, and Rispoli most recently worked in the home incarceration program supervising people placed under house arrest.

They both probably barely have a high school diploma, and thus haven’t been trained in critical thinking, and therefore easily fall into the trap set by these fake news sites (taters gonna tate? really?).

3 Likes

well, it’s louisiana, so i think that means either france, spain, or haiti.

1 Like

Or Eastern Canada.

Nope. Unless they can produce a valid receipt within the specified time period, HBC will not take any returns on defective merchandise.

4 Likes

Nah, it’s perfectly expected. Killing minorities and opressing demonstrations is the will of the state. Threatening politicians is biting the hand that feeds.

3 Likes

Doesn’t Louisiana have the death penalty?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.