Luke Cage

More Cage:

7 Likes

Case in point.

6 Likes

OK, not a comics nerd but that get-up is justā€¦

Wow.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the polished version of the original outfit.

3 Likes

ā€¦puts $5 in the swear jarā€¦

7 Likes

There are better updated versions, of course.

Ā­

5 Likes

actually, classic luke was perfect

7 Likes

3 Likes

``

``

4 Likes

Io9, as usual, has a pretty good breakdown.

Reading the comments, I discovered that Dapper Dan- the guy who delivered Luke the suit in episode 5- is apparently a real person whoā€™s something of a legend in black fashion and a regular fixture of Harlem.

6 Likes

On a side note, why is it that half of superheroes have to have those same boots in various colors?

3 Likes

Nitpicking here again. Second gif with him knocking down the Cage section in the hallway.

Just moments before heā€™d knocked the guy with the big gun out and who would have been laying underneath the cage as it fell down

3 Likes

There are all kinds of real life references in the show; for instance, they mentioned David Dinkins in passing, the only Black mayor of New York City, to date.

Lack of originality in footwear?

That actually bothered my inner pedant too; but Iā€™m so happy to have a positive Black male role model as the lead in a series, that Iā€™m willing to overlook such convenient errors in physics.

5 Likes

SuperMart always has them in a wide variety of colors and sizes. And the memory foam insoles are really comfortable when you are out patrolling for hours at a time.

5 Likes

Iā€™m just now wrapping up the last of the series, and I agree with you;

Iā€™m hating the actor they chose for Diamondback. Dude is too hammy, trying way too hard for that natural ā€˜aura of menaceā€™ that Mahershala Ali exudes without effort.

Major miscast; I just want him to STFU every time he goes to deliver a line.

4 Likes

Shades wasnā€™t bad, but he was really just reprising Juice from SoA.

3 Likes

Iā€™m about 5 episodes in so they may address this eventually, butā€¦

Why donā€™t any bad guys try to shoot him in the face? Especially after watching clip after clip of bullets bounce off his chest?

Even if his eyeballs are bulletproof (and I think nurse Rosario Dawson established they arenā€™t in Jessica Jones) that crap would have to sting.

5 Likes

Nah, Juice had no spine at all; especially towards the end of SOA.

Shades isā€¦ well, shady; and Theo Rossi does a decent job of portraying that.

You know who really ā€˜crept up on meā€™ with the impressive character development, though?

Alfre Woodardā€™s Black Mariah; she is downright insidious.

As brutal as it was, I actually cheered inside a little when she beat the ever-loving shit out Cottonmouth for saying that she had actively encouraged the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of their uncle. I practically burst into a chorus of the Cell Block Tango, because that muthafucka seriously had it coming.

7 Likes

Itā€™s slow, methodical, like chewing on a piece of meat, or some under-cooked piece of broccoli. I love broccoli in all states. And Iā€™m still chewing.

I will masticate some more on the 'morrowā€¦

3 Likes

LOL, fair call yeah, Iā€™ve got a habit of erasing some of worst stuff. Most of the final season is a big blank.

Isnā€™t she just. Quality villainy there. Sympathetic, nuanced baddies are something Iā€™d like to see more of.

3 Likes