The She-Hulk trailer is finally here

Originally published at: The She-Hulk trailer is finally here | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Ooh, the Abomination is making an appearance; that’s cool. The Jen/She-hulk character looks promising, and it is nice to see more of Mark Ruffalo’s Prof Hulk character. I wonder when this will be coming to a streaming service that I am on?

7 Likes

Apparently there’s also going to be some fourth wall breaking, which I’m curious to see how they pull off.

10 Likes

It’s going to be exclusive to Disney+. In the US, that will be August 17. I have no idea about anywhere else.

6 Likes

She can break anything, no worries.

28 Likes

The rumor I read about said that when she does, she’s getting on Kevin Feige’s case about something, so that could be fun, if true.

7 Likes

I’m with Devin; She-Hulk is an awesome character, especially the stuff by John Byrne back in the '80s. She’s one of the few superheroes who has been portrayed as enjoying being a superhero, which was so refreshing to read.

BTW, if you haven’t seen Tatiana Maslany in “Orphan Black,” do yourself a favor and give it a watch – it’s a crazy ride, and she’s amazing in it.

19 Likes

I hope we get a chance to see her team up with/face off against Daredevil at some point. (In the courtroom of course. He wouldn’t have a prayer against her in any other kind of confrontation.)

15 Likes

She-Hulk is, bar none, my absolute favorite character in all of comics. The trailer looks like it’s going to do her justice. I would love to see some reference to her time in the Fantastic Four, even if it’s just a nightshirt that’s a blue sports jersey with a 4 on the back.

Also, the fact that it’s named “She-Hulk: Attorney At Law” has me going wild. I’ve always said that the main difference in how she and Daredevil approach their careers is that Daredevil is a superhero who is also a lawyer, and She-Hulk is a lawyer that is also a superhero.

27 Likes

The pattern is already there in Deadpool. Snarky 4th wall breaking can be done well. I am very much looking forward to this one. I have heard complaints about uncanny valley in the CGI, but I have to think that will be a work in progress up until the release. Should be fun!

12 Likes

There is a F4 movie in development, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see something in the future.

4 Likes

One can not help thinking that a certain sub-set of society will be very triggered by a smart/strong/super power/female that makes them feel small & threatened, because they are.

22 Likes

Some angry nerds are already complaining that the CGI doesn’t look good enough for their tastes and I’m just thinking “when I was your age the best we could hope for in a Hulk TV show was Lou Ferrigno painted green.”

37 Likes

… with a dried out mop on his head. :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Oh shit, here we go…

3 Likes

The Unbearable Rage Nerd!!!

2 Likes

Speaking of lawyers with an interesting backstory - I wanna see the episode where these two meet.

10 Likes

The same ones who claim that the “MSheU” will be the doom of Marvel, Capt Marvel was terrible, Black Widow was awful, WandaVision sucked, etc, etc,etc. (Some of the stuff I have read about Ms. Marvel is even much much worse.) My only thought is if your incel vibe is that strong, go watch something else. There are lots of options. You don’t like strong women. OK, move on.

18 Likes

Based on both the 2003 movie and the very little I’ve seen of the more recent TV show, I’d classify him as more of a “murderous vigilante” than superhero.

2 Likes

He’s supposed to be every bit as anti-killing as say Batman, but as we all know beating the shit out of people and throwing them off roofs isn’t exactly conducive to life. He’s not outright shooting them or stabbing them, but he’s certainly not holding much back when he fights them.

A street level hero works okay in comics as the medium by its nature softens the visceral nature of the fights, but moving that type of action into a real context it can become too real.

Additionally I think it’s an issue endemic to the street-level type hero, who mostly fights somewhat normal people. Actual superheros fight villains who are either by design non-human and thus fall outside the ‘kill’ concern. Or they’re on a par power-wise and can take the hits.

3 Likes