Lulu - an app for girls to anonymously rate boys

[Permalink]

I thought the companion app was called ā€œthe internetā€

10 Likes

Beauty contests are degrading to women - so why not have a beauty contest for men? That way everybody is degraded!

9 Likes

Why do I suspect there would be a huge outcry if this was an app for boys to rate girls.

11 Likes

WINNING COMMENT. SHUT IT DOWN.

No seriously though, that app is gross and all apps that do that kind of thing to anyone are gross.

5 Likes

It seems like there will soon likely be outcry over this one. That said, imagine the comments on the gender reversed version.

5 Likes

Dear God, I am so glad I donā€™t have to go to high school in the digital age.

20 Likes

Iā€™ll agree itā€™s a pretty low brow app. More or less taking profile pics and then pulling them into their own appā€¦I canā€™t honestly believe guys would install this themselves through facebook to provide the company with more picturesā€¦

However in a very weird way it reminds me of the currency system in Coryā€™s Down and Out In The Magic Kingdom. Obviously much more crass, but the system is placing a value on you based on others opinionā€¦just seemed ironic to me.

I imagine a gendered reverse version to be nothing but sexual references with the intelligence of a 15 year old boy no matter what age man uses it. But imagine a combo male/female rate all oneā€¦itā€™d be like Amazon reviews for peopleā€¦now thatā€™s seriously scary.

1 Like

It isnā€™t nice even when the girls say good things about the guys and itā€™s not ā€˜cuteā€™ just because girls are giggling behind it. If the guys donā€™t consent, the spirit of it remains inconsiderate and objectifying.

5 Likes

Ah, curse you vile misandry! May the whole of the internet drown in my tears of privilege briefly constrained, as we witness truly the vilest of tyrannies. A trillion hexes upon your reverse-sexist heads!!!1!1!

5 Likes

Oh come on. We have that app built into our Medulla Oblongata and you know it.

7 Likes

how is this different from amihotornot.com or what that zuckerberg kid was doing in ā€œthe social networkā€? Or probably a million other things Iā€™m totally clueless about?

2 Likes

Holy crapā€¦ā€œAlways stays.ā€!!! Does that mean what I think it means? Are that many 16-year-olds worried about a guy staying over after sex? When I was 16, we were lucky if we could find a secluded parking lot to screw around inā€¦not whether or not we could stay the night.

Only other connotation I could see is like a dogā€¦ā€œstayā€¦good boy.ā€

1 Like

A bunch of teenagers anonymously commenting on each otherā€™s appearance? Thereā€™s no way that wonā€™t go immediately, horribly wrong and descend into bullying!

5 Likes

So is our instinct to hit things with sticks, and drag women back to our cave by their hair. Weā€™ve evolved past being slaves to our biology. I stopped judging women on their ability to procreate good babies about 30 years ago. . .

1 Like

Yup, something like this is doubly worrying when itā€™s completely anonymous. Why would anyone take it seriously?

the troll in me wants to get this app and put myself on it and then get my friends to give me saucy reviews

The companion is https://m.luludude.com/auth/login. iTunes needs to pull this sexist shit.
It says in the store 17+ really? Encourage underage sex.

And why exactly would Apple pull this? Sounds to me like a baseless bash against the companyā€¦

Itā€™s 50/50 really.

If it was Google Iā€™d be more inclined to say they would let it stay (just because Google only has control of certain aspects of the Android environment), but Apple has power over the whole chain. The hardware, the software, and the software store are all controlled by Apple, thus they can set/present a certain type of image if they choose too. Itā€™s up to them if this is something they want their name attached to.

From a freedom of whatever aspectā€¦itā€™s a shitty app that someone is using teens/young adults to make money off of.
From a company standpoint itā€™s one that brings along with it a whole basket of questionable things.

1 Like