Watch: Ad for conservative new dating app shows women where to find Mr. Wrong

Originally published at: Watch: Ad for conservative new dating app shows women where to find Mr. Wrong | Boing Boing

6 Likes

“I want a man who will tell me how to think, what to do and who will make every effort to take away my rights as a fully developed human being with agency.”

Color me shocked the ad didn’t feature all ‘Blonde White Fox News Fembot’ clones…

56 Likes

i’ll be back later for what i am sure will be many hilarious responses

12 Likes

I’m just seeing:

“I want a man who will hit me at least as hard as I’m supposed to hit the many, many children he’s going to make me have.”

And paid actresses. Lots of paid actresses.

29 Likes

“Dear Mom, I got this great acting gig for a new dating app but I feel sick having done it. “

“PS The money was great!”

26 Likes

I wonder if “The Right Stuff” is going to have the whole “mistress” thing covered too, since that also seems to be a standard in a “conservative marriage”

20 Likes

“Biggest red flag = Democrat” is disturbing on a bunch of levels. Not something like, maybe, anger issues, badmouthing exes, PUA garbage, etc?

25 Likes

Oh man, that’s going to be an awesome weiner festival of an app. I mean, dating apps are filled with men to begin with, but this one is sure to have 100,000 guys going “any women here at all? Any? Can someone at least bring back the paid spokeswomen?”

32 Likes

I get a strong “hillbilly love letter” vibe from those gals, but that’s likely a positive selling point for the Dudes they’re looking for.

4 Likes

I liked “definitely someone whose faith is important to them” (emphasis added)

I’m amazed that got through the editing process.

9 Likes

I guarantee you that 99.9% of the “women” on these sites are going to be bots. Seems like a genius plan to extract $40 a month from incel, “alpha-male” wannabes.

31 Likes

18 Likes

“No Democrats allowed” seems to be the only selling point they have.

I’ve never used a dating app, but I would think that would be the kind of thing you could quickly implement a filter for without having to build a whole new service? Doesn’t Tinder or Match or OKcupid have a “political affiliation” box you can check or something if that’s a deal-breaker?

20 Likes

Total cringe as the kids would say.

I feel like I need a shower and I only made it about 15 seconds in

11 Likes

I don’t know about any of the others, but Bumble absolutely has filters, though the choice to self identify one’s political bent (Liberal/Conservative/Nonpolitical, etc) is totally optional.

(And even on a site like Bumble, the males still outnumber the females.)

19 Likes

Thankfully it’s been a few years since I’ve had to suffer through online dating, but, as someone who used these services as far back as Sparkmatch and as recently as Bumble…

Good. I’m genuinely glad this exists. Let the like minded people find each other through their own avenues and de-clutter some of the others.

5 Likes

ETA:

[ETA: I know there have been other conservative dating sites/apps, and I must admit I’m curious how successful they are, just as some kind of divining tool for the American psyche/zeitgeist. I’m not seeing much helpful data from user reviews except that the sites are buggy or confusing, or easily compromised. Like most folks I assume it’s 90% dudes, but I’d also bet the admins have to create fake female users to keep the sites going.]

8 Likes

All of those women seem like marketing interns who are on the edge of bursting out laughing. I’ll bet NONE of them believe the nonsense they are spewing.

10 Likes

I’ve never used a dating app, but I’ve seen lots of commercials for Christian Mingle. Isn’t this the exact same thing? Is there a segment of Democrat Christians who aren’t hard core enough for these ladies at Christian Mingle?

3 Likes

Yeah, they generally have filters for that sort of stuff, but I just mean that there’s a big difference between a deal-breaker and biggest red flag, and just listing “Democrat” is only ok for one of those.

Republicans have either completely bought into their own “dems are evil communists coming to take your guns and bibles” bullshit, or assume all their customers have. Probably both.e

4 Likes