Watch: Ad for conservative new dating app shows women where to find Mr. Wrong

I came here for the comedy, but I’m surprised to see people asserting that these women can’t exist. I’m sure they exist. I could probably throw a rock out the window and hit one, if I were an Alpha Male. /s

4 Likes

Peter Thiel funded dating app for women …

41 Likes

That’ll be obvious when the inevitable db leak happens.

13 Likes

This feels like a parody. Like I know it’s not, but it’s got SNL vibes.

21 Likes

“PPS Well, the check bounced, but they’ve promised to send a new one!” :pray:

8 Likes

Aren’t there already Christian dating apps? or only farmers or similar? Is this ground not already well trod? Or is it groundbreaking in just saying the ridiculous part out loud?

6 Likes

Pitch for this app: Someone has to fill the Epstein gap.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m predicting this lasts 2 years, tops, unless Thiel or someone else just keeps throwing money into a pit.

Truth Social is going to go tits up, unless they get a bail out too.

The popularity of these walled gardens are much less than they would have guessed.

7 Likes

This is basically the plot of a Broad City episode where Abbi accidentally gets her first major illustration gig working for a racist dating site called “SelectDate”.

Also starts with this:

7 Likes

I forwarded it on to my set of furry troublemaking friends who are going to enjoy the blessings that this site will give them for a long, long time.

15 Likes

Countdown to bot scandal in which it’s discovered there are three actual women on the platform.

4 Likes

Okcupid, in 2016 at least, had optional political filters, which were ignored often enough that several women started their profile with “Trump supporters can fuck off” or similar.

12 Likes

This is different as there are many decent christians and farmers.

11 Likes

I am definitely not the target audience :scream:

10 Likes

So far it’s outlasted this one:

15 Likes

The fact that these people consider themselves “superior” because of their backward ideas and tiny, narrow minds is really quite terrifying. The women in this commercial are actually very pitiful, and REAL. If their man told them how to vote, or not to vote at all, they’d roll over and say “Yes, Master!”. Sick.

3 Likes

That was enlightening. He’s basically making yet another app in an already crowded market that is tailored to one specific identity trait: your party affiliation. And like all the others, it’ll be a wasteland full of crickets. All the sites that do well have political affiliation as an option, not a mandatory thing you must prove.

Just one more example of how hyper-partisan and focused on identity politics the right really is.

11 Likes

I really thought this was a fake. Especially the tag line, “The Right Stuff–Dating App for the Right Wing.” In my experience Trumpkins don’t use the term “right wing.” Though they proudly identify as The Right, the word “wing” is reserved for Lefties. Then too the lead spokesperson was a long-haired blonde woman with prominent breasts. Add to that the fact I’d just watched that dead-on Chevron commercial parody. But WTF–(gasp!) it’s real!

RWNJ’s seem unusually good at creating ads which are intended to be taken seriously but come off as left-wing parodies. (E.g. “shooting pigs from helicopters” and “emerging from the swamp to kill Dems” ads.)

4 Likes

Palantir’s appetite for your personal information is inexhaustible.

13 Likes