Right-wing dating app a flop

Originally published at: Right-wing dating app a flop | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Meanwhile in the Potomac River…

53 Likes

and to think, after getting the invite to the app, you have to get an invite to a date. that’s like two impossible things right there…

29 Likes

Somehow I doubt that a Republican presidency is the right-wing Pon farr.

29 Likes

The dating site market is pretty saturated at this point. In fact there are already at least two other conservative-only dating sites I’ve heard about, having a stupid setup to their app seems to have made it worse for their prospects.

But yeah, it’s them damn libruls fault.

21 Likes

There are plenty of conservative women who want to date conservative men. They just don’t want to date the particular flavor of aggrieved incels that want to join an explicitly “conservatives only” dating site.

They might as well advertise “want a fella who will expect you do to all the domestic work, but also work two jobs because instead of providing financial support will spend all your money on faux-tactical gear, and traveling around to trump rallies cosplaying Nazi? Good, because that’s the only people on our dumb site.”

31 Likes

That can’t be Reich. I did Nazi that coming.

17 Likes

The free market has spoken!!

16 Likes

IDK maybe also because it might be an FBI Honey Pot:

…at least one user complained he answered a prompt about whether he was at the Jan. 6 insurrection and got a visit from the police. -gizmodo

Wonder if Peter Thiel gets his $1.5m seed money back?

22 Likes

So weird their marketing didn’t seem to work…

28 Likes

She added that the company made a mistake launching in the D.C. market, “especially with a Democrat administration.”

Seriously, the app maker misread the location, but so did this staffer. Conservative dating pool? In DC?

Laugh Lol GIF

Her dating pool is going to be other Republican staffers, maybe a few lobbyist. Otherwise DC is a ghost town for single conservatives. It is actually worse during Republican Administrations; people are seriously pissed at the dumbfuckery of Republican presidents and treat their supporter like lepers.

19 Likes

To be fair, that applies pretty strongly to a lot of dating sites.

Indeed, my first thought was, “How could it be a flop when it’s such a tempting target for scammers?” A restrictive invite system is probably the only way to stop that from happening, even though it’s clearly causing other problems.

8 Likes

Right wingnut dudes just don’t have the right stuff for women.

16 Likes

I get the feeling all conservative only dating apps are just a cover for data farming for telemarketers and ID thieves.

16 Likes

It would seem that romance, like reality, has a liberal bias…

16 Likes

I suspect not intentionally - I mean, it’s funded by Peter Thiel who is a full blown fascist. But you know, if for example they get a subpoena for this information he’s not the sort to refuse. Particularly seeing as he’s distancing himself from Trump. Or even easier - if this kind of shit is listed in someone’s profile you just need one agent on the platform to start searching…

8 Likes

So they won’t let the right one in?

7 Likes

If only conservatives had to be invited before they could cross one’s threshold.

9 Likes

And “conservative-only” dating sites are pretty pointless in any case since most mainstream dating sites allow users to filter matches by interests or political leanings.

It would be kind of like trying to open a “vegetarian-only” grocery store in a community that already has a ton of other grocery stores which stock a wide variety of food options. Sure, you might win over a few customers who are ideologically opposed to supporting any business that sells animal products, but probably not enough to stay afloat in a community that already has a Sprouts and a Kroger and a Whole Foods and a local Farmers’ Market.

12 Likes

Swing and a miss.

Welcome to BoingBoing!

11 Likes