Lying down in bed desk

I’ve been using one of the Laptop Laidback desks for many years; it is fantastic. (And not at all lazy, there is no virtue in working while uncomfortable.) I have one of the nice original maple ones, before the influx of cheap knock-offs forced the company to switch to ABS.

2 Likes

This would be great for people who need bed rest. Few years ago, I had a terrible lower back injury that put me on bed rest for a month. I could walk with a cane, but spend most of my waking hours on my bcak. I was in trance due to painkillers, can’t tell days from nights. I felt incredibly lonely. Friends on Facebook and MSN messenger kept me company but the laptop gets unbearably hot on my stomach. This apparatus would have been useful.

2 Likes

Looks like terrible ergonomics, not that regular desks have tolerable ergonomics. Look at the angle between her hands and the keyboard, the lack of a mouse, etc.

What’s that thing on her head?

we somehow skipped over inversion desk

I have something similar at home for working on my laptop:

It’s a little bit smaller than the one in that link, but it costs about £25. I’m not daft enough to try and hang my laptop on it, but it’s actually a very useful device, especially if you spend a lot of time working on a laptop. I use a wireless mouse/keyboard combo with it and my laptop, and it allows me to have some modicum of reasonable posture when working.

That might not be practical, but the picture captures perfectly how I feel like these days. Except for the “working” part.

I’d fall asleep!

I tried a similar contraption during a bout with a 3 day FLU. Holding your arms up like that is bad for circulation in your hands. Also, the position of the body while working on a computing device in this fashion will cause severe pain at the lower back and maybe cause damage after long-term use. I think it’d work better if the upper half of the body was on an upward incline. :sunny:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.