Lynx poses majestically for a trail camera

Originally published at: Lynx poses majestically for a trail camera - Boing Boing

19 Likes

THOSE FEEEEEEEEEET! :heart_eyes_cat:

22 Likes

Contributed by Gail Sherman

11 Likes

Murder mittens.

19 Likes

maybe there’s some sort of box or square for the lynx to sit in that can’t be seen from that camera angle. Cuz cats will sit in them if you make them. “If I fit, I sitz!”

19 Likes

The cute little kitty face is maybe shaped like a friend, sure.

But that 2x too big body? Those monster paws?

Clearly meant to FUCK you UP!

10 Likes

I’m aware that my almost overpowering desire to pet the friend-shaped wild animal may well be how I’ll check out.

15 Likes

For your sake, I hope you don’t live in Minnesota!

8 Likes

The first link on the “Previously” list has a 6 minute video which includes a lynx grooming it’s paws and showing it’s speckled kitty belly! That kitty belly would totally be the death of me.

12 Likes

Look, I’m just saying I think I could get in at least one or two pets before I succumb to my injuries.

15 Likes

I refuse to believe this beautiful kitty doesn’t know that the camera is there.

It absolutely knows the camera is there. It’s just curious about it and checking it out.

We set up a spare camera in the woods near the house and had someone investigate it.

13 Likes

And those ear tips! Awesome!

13 Likes

200w

22 Likes

I encountered one of these critters in the wild - thankfully only briefly and from a considerable distance. Even though this occurred several decades ago, I still get shivers when I remember the sound it made. Imagine the loudest baby shrieking (and crank the volume by a factor of ten) was posessed by the most evil demon hell ever spawned and you might be close. It seriously erodes the cuteness factor.

14 Likes

What a good kitteh boi!

3 Likes
14 Likes

A video made the rounds here at Ye olde Boing a while back where a guy on a hike was stalked and rushed by a mountain lion as the hiker tried to hustle himself out of there. It did not look fun, and definitely eroded the cuteness factor.
But the lynx, in contrast to the puma, is so fluffy… Their cuteness can be much eroded and still very dangerous.

12 Likes

Definitely similar sound but in ny case it was a mama lynx with a barely glimpsed bebe.

8 Likes

Deer Popcorn GIF

12 Likes

My absolute favoritest gif of all time! :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes