Watch: A pair of lynxes arguing in Ontario

Originally published at: Watch: A pair of lynxes arguing in Ontario | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Still not certain if mirror. Will yell again…

19 Likes

I assume there’s a lady lynx in an interesting condition in the neighbourhood

15 Likes

Not lynx. Zax. And this was on BB three years ago, when I made a similar comment. Two displeased lynx have a screaming match with each other | Boing Boing

16 Likes

not two people trying to sound like large cats yowling at one another

It doesn’t even sound like that! It’s like one of those videos where people make human-sounding noises synced up with animal videos for humorous purposes.

10 Likes

That was my Dear Wife and I last night, who gets the last slice of pizza always brings it out.

14 Likes

We’re in the process of house breaking a feral cat we’ve been taking care for 3 years outside. We have 4 other rescues in the house that range in age from 9 to 12 years old. We’re introducing them one at a time for brief encounters.

I swear that’s exactly what we heard last night when we let two of them get together. No fighting, just very vocal.

13 Likes

Hollywood makes all animals sound majestic with deep roars. These guys sound more like two middle aged women drunk on box wine.

9 Likes

I continue to insist that the correct plural is “lynges”.

6 Likes

We’re trying to integrate a stray into the clowder (3 cats isn’t enough to constitute a colony) outside without screwing up the dynamics. Little Brother is currently the senior, but Cassius, the noob, is constantly arguing with him, although it rarely gets beyond a yelling match.

6 Likes

This classic video makes my laugh until I cry every time I see it.

I needed that, thanks!

7 Likes

Maybe they’re arguing about who is the most sorry. It is Canada.

11 Likes

A pair of lunging lynges?

Look at the amazing feet on those kitties!

7 Likes

All I can say is, I’m damned glad they aren’t outside my house at 2am making that racket!
Gotta say, though, the almost synchronised not-quite head-butting is amazing to watch.
And those feet!

6 Likes

“A pair of lynxes arguing in Ontario”.
is that what it is called? I would have logically thought they argued in Lynx or Lynxinese or some other feline dialect (Linux?).
cool. can I get Ontario lessons on Babbel?

5 Likes

Agreed! A lynx screaming below your window at 2am is a butt-puckering way to wake up ^^’ .

3 Likes

“In challenging a kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.”

3 Likes

If only human beings would resolve their differences in such a manner. I would pay to watch two inebriated bar patrons engage in a synchronized yelling exercise such as this. No need for fisticuffs, just see who tires out first.

1 Like

So you’re saying this is a catfight that should be moderated by a Jerry Springer Spaniel.

2 Likes

I was able to litter box train a feral/semi feral, but it did take a while. It was so rewarding to see what started out as a wild animal become a loving, head-butting unit of a boi.

2 Likes