Watch: A pair of lynxes arguing in Ontario

Our little guy has been wandering around the neighborhood since he was born. We had him neutered and all his shots but we were reluctant to bring him indoors because I have asthma and guess what triggers it. We had a heated shelter and heated feeding station but about two months ago something attacked him and he needed surgery. We brought him home to recover in the garage and as he was recovering we found out a neighbor was trying to catch him to get rid of him.

We got lucky, as he was recovering he took to the litter box almost instantly. He’s a great cat and we’re trying to find him a home. He lays in bed with my wife and lets us pick him up and hold him. He’ll make a great cat for someone but he’ll probablly still be us 10 years from now just like all the others. My allergist can’t understand why I won’t give them all up.

2 Likes

from this video we know exactly where their territorial line is

I brought my guy in because of an injury too; a badly infected foot that would have turned gangrenous. My vet said, and I quote; “Since we have him here, let’s knock off his balls at the same time”, and I said “I always thought that would be the plan”. I’d tried to catch him before but with no luck, and at this point he was about 5 years old (I started spotting him around when he was about 2), and he was a fully mature male, with a huge head, jowls neck and shoulders; 17 lbs of solid muscle, since I’d been feeding him well. He’d never use any shelters that I put out though, and I was so relieved when I got him in and he never had to deal with winters outside again.

About six months after he was neutered, I was sitting beside him on the back steps while he was eating. He finished eating, climbed into my lap and went to sleep. It was like having a wild raccoon snuggle in for a nap. Eventually there was a very rusty purr. And I got him inside by winter.

I don’t have asthma, but likely do have some degree of allergies, and when my doctor asked if I’d get rid of any of them, I said something like; “As if!”, and she said “Yeah, that’s what I said to my doctor”. She and her husband had at one point rescued a pitbull puppy from the side of the road.

2 Likes

These two large cats weren’t arguing or even carrying on a conversation. They were using a very ancient technique known in many mammals, including humans, to realign their orientation to magnetic anomalies in the earth. This is merely typical of how it’s done. That half swat that the one cat cat did towards the other was signifying that the other was off balance and it was bothering him. If all mammals would do this from time to time, fewer “lost in the woods, at sea, in the desert, on a mountain trail” incidents would occur. The earth has a very dynamic magnetosphere and the internal earth is always in a realignment phasing. Lower forms of life automatically “go with the flow”. Higher order forms of life have to resort to these little “realignment dances” and humans are probably the very worst at completing a phasing session to prevent disequilibrium, one of the hidden senses based in our vestibular system. The grace and athleticism of gymnasts like Simone Biles is based in her superior control of her vestibular system, whereas the complicated rituals of a headbanging mosh pit at 110 decibels of thrash metal is a very weak attempt at spatial and magnetic reorientation to our earth’s magnetosphere. Observing how it’s done in the animal kingdom as shown by these two Lynx and learning from them would go a long way to solving problems with our disorientation problems inherent in our inability to be naturally reflexive to magnetic anomalies… just saying, people. Ask yourselves when was the last time you did a proper reorientation? How many have ever suffered with Menier’s Syndrome, a serious malady based in crystals forming in the inner ear, afflicting the vestibular system? Also make note that this little cat “argument” was in Ontario where magnetic flux change is much more active than it is closer to the Equator. Observation of maps and charts to the changes of magnetic inclination or declination of the magnetic North Pole over time certainly bears this out.
Two cats arguing by the side of the road? I think not… Not even enough there for lyrics for a Neil Young song.

I knew they were designed for winter weather, but had never noticed actual snow shoes before.

1 Like

magnets

2 Likes

I didn’t know that lynxes sounded that much like Jimmy Barnes.

Never fear, big cats. That road is big enough for both of you.

I do hope that everyone who reads my post realized that it was just a wee bit of snark.

edit: Your parody is a pretty good one, which of course is the problem. :grin:

2 Likes

…and without a bit of research, no one can tell if what is written on the internet is truthful, completely false, somewhere in between, information, misinformation, disinformation, propaganda or pure snark. Also to be noted is the possibility it was written by an Artificial Intelligence program, a human or that proverbial dog looking for fun by laying paws on an unattended keyboard. Thank you for noting Poe’s Law in your reply. :peace_symbol:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.