This lynx became buddies with cameraman after spending months together in the Canadian north

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/19/this-lynx-became-buddies-with.html

9 Likes

Cat adopts human for improved access to food. Yup, checks out.

Also, stunning footage! :star_struck:

27 Likes

Big kittttehhhhhhh

8 Likes

I can’t help to think that that was a bait bunny. I mean there’s foot prints leading up to where the bunny sitting.

1 Like

Tame the wild animal so you can photograph it in its natural environment? I suppose that’s better than killing and mounting it.

1 Like

Firstly… ohhhh bunny!
Next, I would have loved to have that job when I was 15.

2 Likes

From the buildup, I assumed they were eventually going to bone, so the actual ending was kind of jarring. But thinking about it, maybe more rom-coms should pan out like this.

3 Likes

Image by TaucetianService on DeviantArt

7 Likes

76 DAYS, and likely more! The most I’ve ever been out in the open was 60 days, and I was deliriously craving creature comforts by then.

9 Likes

Mountain lions, coyotes and hawks will accompany humans - moving parallel to their path - because they have learned that the prey will be paying attention to the humans. We are their beaters.

I’m not surprised to see a lynx doing it.

Easy lunch.

7 Likes

I thought the lynx would end up head-butting the cameraman at the crack of dawn and bringing him little dead ‘gifts’.

5 Likes

Sooo sweet. But a sudden realisation about inspiration occurs - Tenniel must have visited lynx country:

8 Likes

Wow, that’s a really striking visual parallel!

1 Like

My thoughts exactly! I’ve always loved the Tenniel illustrations for Alice, and when that shot came up it was instantly recognisable.

With apologies to Carroll:

“Well! I’ve often seen a lynx without a grin,’ thought Alice 'but a grin without a lynx! It’s the most curious thing i ever saw in my life!”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.