Made-for-TV super salesman Ron Popiel has passed away

Originally published at: Made-for-TV super salesman Ron Popiel has passed away | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Where I grew up, we found these by the 100’s every Summer end, frustrated fisherman[s] tossed them in the trash or dropped them in the sand. F’ing useless POS…

11 Likes

Has he, though?

RonPopeilshead

Popeil : Welcome to this year’s Academy of Inventors Annual Symposium. I’m your host, Ron Popeil, inventor of Mr. Microphone, the spray-on toupee and, of course, the technology to keep human heads alive in jars.

23 Likes
24 Likes

15 Likes

you mean people actually bought those silly things and tried to use them?!

10 Likes

7 Likes

Oh man, that Mr. Microphone commercial is hilarious in retrospect.

“Professional musicians use it for rehearsal!”-- NO THEY DON’T!!! Gimme a break.

"Let’s liven up the party. . . " – by having everyone talk through a cheap P.A.? I don’t think so.

8 Likes
6 Likes

19 Likes

Well done Mr Popiel!

Clap-Clap!

6 Likes

hey, it was the 70s – we didn’t have all the high-tech gizmos and geegaws you have now!

9 Likes

I caught my first fish with one of those.

10 Likes

Sounds like a “whopper”.

8 Likes

The reading of his will is going to be amazing, but wait there’s more. What if I told you you’re getting 30,000 unsold magic mics if you act now!

18 Likes

I assume you clubbed it with it?

4 Likes

The Pocket Fisherman was not designed to be bought and used. It was designed to be bought and given as a gift. At least that’s what the design firm who made it claim.

13 Likes

Now that’s a gem of a comment. Cracked me up!

6 Likes

Would it be wrong to post the “coffin drop video” here, with the caption “How often has this happened to you!”? :thinking:

8 Likes

Yes, I count a pair of phony nunchucks in that category.

3 Likes