Madonna's "Justify My Love" with only Lenny Kravitz's backing vocals is excellent mutant pop

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/20/madonnas-justify-my-love.html

1 Like

That was cool; though the lyrics remind me of when I’m asked to make a decision about anything.

5 Likes

I was this years old when I found out Lenny Kravitz did backing vocals on Justify My Love.

10 Likes

At 2x video speed takes on Techno quality. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

That’s a great picture of the Cicc(one)lops. Reminds me of the time she was a Dick Tracy villain.

4 Likes

thank you. I didn’t know I needed that, but I apparently I SO did.

1 Like

Save yourself a listen. It’s a five minute track, and the first four minutes is Lenny basically phoning in some “uh huh’s” and then at minute 4 he give it a little soul for about 30 seconds. Then nothing. Meh.

1 Like

sure its him? I bet if someone thought they sounded enough like him they’d be motivated enough to grab a computer mic and phone this in… oh ok wait… there we go that part sounds like him but geez the first bit sounds like when people do “covers” of songs on Youtube thats just them playing an instrument over the song playing on a tinny like speaker turned low.

1 Like

It’s extremely hard to believe those are the backing vocals used in the original track. They are distorted in a very unpleasant way, and sound much more tentative than the original track which can be found on YouTube easily. Maybe they are a scratch take, but more likely not Lenny the K at all.

(Hang with it until at least 2:00)

3 Likes

It’s the mashup that stays fresh forever

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5e4f935365a44-justify-my-food-guard.php

2 Likes

Never thought of anything Madonna ever did as “trip-hop”. Chemical Brothers yes, Madonna, not so much.

1 Like

The follow-up is even better.

3 Likes

Rihanna is great in that; and I love her gloves.

1 Like

Good stuff. Reminds me of this badass:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.