MAGA before and after images show a startling transformation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/19/maga-before-and-after-images-show-a-startling-transformation.html

10 Likes

28 Likes

Holy bad plastic surgery Batman! I mean Gaetz alone is…I’m not sure what he is.

11 Likes

He’s evidence of what unchecked chronic consumption of White Supremacy brand hatorade will do to you.

21 Likes

So we’re judging people based on their physical appearance now? Because this seems to be saying that people’s mental health is correlated to their appearance.

2 Likes

In the ‘after’ pic Gaetz looked as if he had been Romulanized a la Captain Kirk in that one OS epidode.

4 Likes

My SO says you earn the face you have by the time you turn 50.

6 Likes

I would have thought the assumption was the other way around, that one’s mental health can be reflected in one’s appearance, but that’s not really the point here either: this is about moral decrepitude being reflected in one’s appearance.

More so because this isn’t the result of disease or injury or genetics: what happened to their faces is clearly the result of choices that they made. They chose to do that to themselves.

This isn’t about craniometrics or anything like that, this is more like The Picture of Dorian Gray made manifest.

32 Likes

The dude is sporting full-on “Namor the Sub-Mariner” eyebrows now. Weird.

Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 8.16.38 PM
namor

27 Likes
  1. It is canon that the Dark Side damages your body and ages you faster.

2. I saw a tweet today about some guy saying he went mask off on his liberal wife and he thinks she’s going to divorce him, and a bunch of other guys were like, “Been there, done that.”

3. Those who go right for money or fame soon find themselves subjected to one humiliation after another as they have to constantly prove they are a bigger right wing POS than the next guy.

10 Likes

So it’s not just bandaging their ears, they’re also using spary-tan to emmulate their god-emporor.

5 Likes
  1. And they have to feed their god-emperor…
6 Likes
2 Likes

This. As an example congresswoman Linda Sanchez is the same age of Kimberly Guilfoyle, but she hadn’t any esthetic surgeries on the face and the lips.

Having elective surgery, like other body modifications are used to send message to others. Like having gang member tattoos they are used to signal the the are in a group of similar people.

Choosing haircut, dresses and accessories is used to send a message of appartenence too, albeit less radical.

9 Likes

32 Likes

That’s a massive overgeneralization. I have no sympathy or empathy for either Gaetz or Guilfoyle, but my issues with them have nothing to do with their appearance. I wouldn’t care if they both had no cosmetic surgery at all, my opinion of them would be no different.

Now, if either of them have mocked other people for their appearance, then I say mocking the two of them is fair game. They probably have, but I don’t care enough to verify that.

17 Likes

Matt Gaetz appears to be evolving into some kind of unholy mash-up of Beavis and Butthead. I know he (allegedly) likes to “hang around with a younger crowd” (so to speak), but I’m not convinced that’s the best way to make himself appealing to his target demographic.

Gaetz has always looked weird to me, though. Something about the proportions of his face and hair are subtly off, as if he’d been sketched by an alien Identikit artist who knew which elements needed to be there but didn’t understand the importance of getting the measurements exactly right. Serious Uncanny Valley territory.

If there’s gas station sushi, maybe there’s gas station plastic surgery. And maybe that’s what’s going on here.

9 Likes

That’s a quote from Coco Chanel:

Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.

Of course, she was the sort of selfish person who collaborated with Nazis to maintain her status and power, so take it with a grain of salt.

In these two, I just see the plastic surgery as evidence of the fascist toady’s desperate and never-fulfilled desire to conform to the expectations of others. Gaetz probably also thinks that “looking younger” will help him in his quest to date high school girls.

ETA: Something’s been itching at the back of my mind since I saw this story. Now I have it!

18 Likes

Are they being replaced by lizards in human suits? I mean I’m not saying that is what is happening but I’m definitely not saying it isn’t happening.

6 Likes

“mask off on his liberal wife” wtf does that mean?

4 Likes