MAGA mob flips out after 74-year-old Judge Engoron shows off his muscles

Originally published at: MAGA trolls Engoron for being fit

4 Likes

The fascist cult of body and fitness worship (e.g. manosphere bodybuilders, RFK Jr.'s poses, wellness woo peddlers, white supremacists obsessed with classical statuary) only extends praise to true believers. Otherwise it’s something to be ashamed of.

Good on Judge Engoron for showing that it’s never too late to put effort toward feeling more physically fit.

21 Likes

These are the same people who unironically photoshop Trump’s face onto pictures of Rambo.

38 Likes

My two favourite stories about seniors taking up fitness routines are; the gentleman who started running at 80 (I believe), and decided at 104 to give up running marathons, and the lady who took up weight training at 89, and was deadlifting 100 lbs within 2 years.

ETA; is there a new commenting protocol? I’m getting weird stuff when I try to check comments; having to scroll through random lists of articles that come up when I click on “comments” at the bottom of a post.

16 Likes

There is, while a problem with the broken comment links in front-page posts is being fixed. More discussion of that here.

10 Likes

Samesies. Following.

6 Likes

Mine was a member of our local whitewater kayaking club. He’d been paddling for 20 years, and had started after retiring at age 64. :+1:

10 Likes

Thanks! I thought I’d accidentally changed settings.

2 Likes

Now I’m wondering what the courtroom artist sketches will look like. (Images below are from a scene in Idiocracy.)

13 Likes

Tĥey’re trying to say he looks frail and malnourished in the before picture. For 74 even the before picture is insane.

11 Likes

See also: the time they found old video of AOC at Boston University dancing with some friends on a rooftop and tried to play it up as scandalous. Even some of the MAGA crowd were saying “actually, this kind of makes me like her. What are we supposed to be angry about with this?”

18 Likes

season 2 smilf GIF by Showtime

10 Likes

… I can only hope to look that good when I get that old. Damn.

(Some people’s children… :: shakes head sadly :: )

7 Likes

Stuff like this makes me think I really need to at least dig out my hand weights and do a fucking push up once and awhile.

7 Likes

Which episode of Metalocalypse are these storyboards from?

2 Likes

I haven’t had much success with my 16 ounce exercises, but my attitude is much improved.

5 Likes

What @gracchus said, but that is not “a random list of articles”. It is the BBS home page.

5 Likes

Tomayto, tomahto.

3 Likes

Also, it is eminently sortable - hardly random at all. :wink:

1 Like

“Half naked” is “wearing a no armed t-shirt” now?

Living on outrage has to be exhausting.

3 Likes