MAGA priest says some sins are okay, but only for those with a penis

Originally published at: MAGA priest says some sins are okay, but only for those with a penis | Boing Boing

6 Likes

The cammo hat and collar is the new black turban.

Pass the snakes. I mean penises. I mean seed sticks. MAGA Pope says so.

9 Likes

“Reasoning will never make a man correct an ill opinion, which by reasoning he never acquired: for in the course of things, men always grow vicious before they become unbelievers. . .”

Of course, that version of the quote was intended to bolster the “Truth of the Christian Religion”, but the substance is apt.

Also, I’d never seen the second half of the quote. It’s even apter.

15 Likes

From the expression on his face, it looks like the pope knew he was going to have to say about two hundred Hail Marys after agreeing to that photo.

24 Likes

Judge not. Black is very thinning.

4 Likes

That’s because the Taliban have no problems with abortions.

39 Likes

You beat me to it.

US Xtian Fascists are even worse than Sharia law.

25 Likes

Well there’s not one single place in the Bible where it says abortion is wrong. Quite the opposite, in fact, since early commentaries - and Judaic dogma - have it that the soul doesn’t even enter the body until the first breath taken outside the womb.

Masturbation, however, is still considered a Mortal Sin by the Catholics…

18 Likes

I wonder what denomination this person is a priest of? The last I heard Catholics were strongly anti-masturbation (as @Legion pointed out above).

4 Likes

By their logic, ejaculate is 50% of a living human. I guess half sins don’t count?

1 Like

“Apter”, lol, I love it. :slight_smile:

Also, maybe the permitted viciousness has something to do with becoming an unbeliever?

1 Like

Isn’t it 50% of over 200,000 people? :stuck_out_tongue:

If your math is accurate it makes me a mass-half-murderer.

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

if one were to follow that logic to its conclusion wouldn’t that mean that female masturbation is not sinful because, unlike with male masturbation, no gametes are harmed during the process

10 Likes

Talked to a priest who says he’s “not the Taliban” but is a all for forced births.

I love that term. Let’s all use it more!

Oh how i wish not only that Dems had the linguistic/messaging unity that Repubs frequently deploy, but also that they would constantly combat the “pro-life” label Repubs have managed to affix to themselves with “forced-birth.”

My forced-birth opponent, who is anything but pro life, believes that any random ten year old child should be forced to raise a child of her own. (etc)

11 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 8 hours.

Yep! Anytime they bring up the totally inaccurate idea of what the right thinks late term abortions are, ask them, “can you give me an example of that happening?” (They can’t, outside of very dire medical circumstances), then say, “okay, here’s what ‘your’ side is in favor of…” and list off the horrifying things women and their loved ones are being put through right now bc of this shit.

9 Likes

“Can you give me an example of that happening?”
“It happens all the time. Everybody knows. Why yesterday I talked with [person they certainly did not talk with] and they told me [thing that absolutely didn’t happen]. It’s on the news every day” etc etc etc
The right is not bothered by pesky things like facts. They have stated on the record that reimplantation of ectopic pregnancy is a thing and have written laws based on this information.

Reasoning will never make a man correct an ill opinion, which by reasoning he never acquired: for in the course of things, men always grow vicious before they become unbelievers; but if you would once convince the town or country profligate, by topics drawn from the view of their own quiet, reputation, health, and advantage, their infidelity would soon drop off: This I confess is no easy task, because it is almost in a literal sense, to fight with beasts.

It’s stupefying that Swift was arguing against evidence-based rationality rather than for it. By “become unbeliever”, he means to correct someone from their incorrect belief (of not being a Christian). Oh, and, that’s a hot take, Jon: categorizing atheists as “beasts.”

Reminds me of the Christians who say “Our religion is a science. Their science is a religion.” So, religion is bad? Except when its as rigorous as a science. But… science is bad? (I’m so confused.)

1 Like