MAGA man's logic malfunctions when asked if abortion is murder

Originally published at: MAGA man's logic malfunctions when asked if abortion is murder | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Considering how rapidly the red caps are diverging from Christian teachings, are we seeing the rise of a new religion?

I’m thinking about how Positive Christianity was a Nazi attempt to remove Jewish influence from religion, which meant that nearly all of the Bible was unacceptable.

28 Likes

Thou shalt have no God but Trump; for Trump is a jealous and vengeful God; Trump is vengeful and strong in wrath. Trump is vengeful against his foes; he rages against his enemies.

Do what he says shall be the whole of the law.

24 Likes

“Even the contradictory parts?”

“Especially the contradictory parts!”

28 Likes

40 Likes

FTFY

otherwise spot on

19 Likes

This isn’t a malfunction in the sense of something unintended though. It’s doublethink, where you transcend logic for the sake of the party. All the best authoritarians do it.

29 Likes

Self righteous christians are continuously being exposed as hypocrites, hiding transgressions while maintaining a pseudo social moral authority while condemning others is no longer a reasonable plan. A lot of the evangelical trumpism movement is folks looking for a new platform.

8 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines that Christian preachers like Raphael Warnock are now being targeted by the red caps. “Warnock hasn’t repented his sins.” is a nonsensical statement, and the only way it can make any sense is if the guy saying it is not a Christian and follows another religion.

18 Likes

And besides, how can they even know that! We know Trump did not, because he said as much. I suspect that the good reverend is right enough with his god…

20 Likes

I suppose it’s a short step from “But my abortion is different” to “But my murder is different.”

Or maybe they’ll just go with the snappy rejoinder “Sure, Herschel aborted them babies – but at least they didn’t grow up to be liberals!”

14 Likes

I’ve posted this before. The right does not consider ACTIONS to be good or bad, they consider PEOPLE to be good or bad.

If you are a good person, then by definition any actions you take are good. Herschel Walker is good, therefore it is good that he paid for an abortion.

23 Likes

Interesting take. It would explain a lot. AND bring back the theology of predestination / lack of free will.

4 Likes

I would argue that the MAGA man’s logic malfunctioned long before he was asked that question.

4 Likes

What is it called when you force someone to risk their life on behalf of a potential human?

When cognitive dissonance becomes cognitive idiocy…

“The Good Book don’t say nothin’ ‘bout hirin’ no hit man…”

“Tain’t murder if’n you don’t do it yo’self. It’s jest job creation, which is good fo’ the economy.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.