MAGA witnesses admit total lack of first-hand evidence against Biden

Originally published at: MAGA witnesses admit total lack of first-hand evidence against Biden | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Netflix No Shit GIF by Stranger Things

This whole thing is just such a transparent exercise in tit-for-tat, tribalist politics.

Anyways, obligatory Beau video…

23 Likes

This whole show is a ridiculous waste of time—especially when we’re hours away from a government shutdown—but since someone had to take time out of their Congressional schedule to deal with it AOC has shown herself very good at it so far.

22 Likes

AND taxpayer money.

18 Likes

Is there no GOPoop adults in the hearing? Glad the Dems are schooling the children. (No offense to actual children intended.)

9 Likes

Yep, as Beau notes in the video, we’re mere hours away from a shutdown… and THIS is what they’re spending their time on. If there had been some evidence up to this point of real crimes on the part of the current president, then okay… but there isn’t thus far.

There are no adults in that party anymore. It’s all grandstanding children, pretending to be “super important people” doing “super important politics”… They keep pushing any adults out of the party.

18 Likes

This was almost a coming-put party for lesser-know Dems on the committee. I did a lot of googling of unknown (to me) names yesterday. Lots of laughs to be had.

Canadian Lol GIF

19 Likes

Seeing all those fresh young faces ripping the Republicans a new one makes me feel simultaneously hopeful and kind of old.

29 Likes

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

12 Likes

This 100%.

It’s one of the basic driving forces of QAnon, and it goes all the way back to the Clintons and Whitewater, Vince Foster’s death, “The Clinton Death List”, etc. It reminds me of these John Birch Society LPs I used to find: everything is part of a plot, including stuff that should disprove the plot.

13 Likes

8 Likes

But they have evidence that suggests there might have been a crime! Pay no attention to the fact that it was taken completely out of context, or um [mumbles] faked… it’s still suggestive! Of… uh, something.

*(The supposed crime to be invented later, after enough insinuations have been made.)

9 Likes

I’m sure the “witnesses” are being paid handsomely for this, too.

8 Likes

14 Likes

I know Turley is a lawyer. I’m not sure about the other witnesses. Bar rules of professional conduct would require him to disclose if he’s receiving payment in return for this testimony. He did not disclose any such thing. Given the nature of the accusations against Joe and Hunter Biden, it would be really, really dumb if Turley were paid for his testimony and then failed to disclose that. I have accused Turley of being really, really dumb before, so I’m not saying he wasn’t paid. I’m just saying it would be dumb.

10 Likes

But coincidental lucrative, low-effort consulting contracts with major firms that just happen to be big GOP donors might be at enough of an arm’s length to satisfy legal requirements while still being sleazy.

7 Likes

Yeah,welcome to the world of Big Law.

5 Likes

Well, they are here on national TV trying to fool congresscritters. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Same here. My gen (X) isn’t represented much in congress, but I love to see younger people making their way in.
For all the normal reasons, you see a lot of people shit on gen Y and Z, but they are just fine. In my last job, everyone that reported to me was from those two groups and they are smart as hell.
And good numbers of others in our org were as well and they are impressive people.

4 Likes

My wife is an attorney. I’ve met some of her coworkers. Do not underestimate the ability of attornies to be terminally stupid. She’s got one that decided to represent himself on a DUI (they do securities law…not traffic law which is what misdemeanor DUI is here). The legal profession has a phrase that a lawyer who has themself for a client has a fool for a client, and this guy proved it…he earned himself a WORSE outcome than what the State’s Attorney was apparently willing to offer him (1st time, non-violent DUI) by taking it to trial.

5 Likes