Magic mushrooms in a nasal spray

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/06/magic-mushrooms-in-a-nasal-spr.html

4 Likes

yes please

28 Likes

shutupandtakemymoney.gif

17 Likes

Noice!

5 Likes

nasal spray? that sounds like it would hit like a ton of bricks

7 Likes

first to Oregon and then the flyover states

Isn’t 90% of Oregon a flyover state?

I don’t know. Just seems needlessly nasty so I’m lashing out. Maybe I need some psilocybin. Luckily we’re second in line.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Magic mushrooms in a nasal spray?

Come to Papasan!

16 Likes

Um, this is weird. Not 5 hours ago I found that same press release and here’s bb talking about it. Yesterday, I listened to Sam Harris talk with Roland Griffiths so I was looking up the availability of psilocybin.

2 Likes

Man… I took my Astepro but my nose is still stuffed up and I can see sound and taste colors.

Wait a minute…

Damn it, I took my Astralpro by mistake.

25 Likes

This times out perfectly as I just ran out of my daily Flonase nose spray.

8 Likes

This is why I am in favour of if you legalize a substance, legalizing the extraction of components.

Right now with patchwork laws, one often cannot say precisely how much CBD is in one candy or psilocybin is in a dried mushroom or two, because extraction may be illegal and any “whole product” preparation isn’t going to be evenly blended.

Being able to standardize dosing makes usage safer. Could that lead to people abusing it? Sure, but people can also abuse aspirin.

Far better to know exactly what you are getting.

21 Likes

I wonder if Dristan is gonna re-brand.

3 Likes

One nasal spray makes you larger, and
One nasal spray makes you small…

25 Likes

That’s not a magic mushroom. :wink:

4 Likes

I dunno. I like the idea of making psilocybin more available and legal. But this press release reads more like a hagiography of the guy behind the company, Mike Arnold.

He seems like a troublesome character, having represented one Ammon Bundy. He credits himself as a key figure in bringing that situation to an end. He also got a Blackwater operative/marine sniper declared innocent for shooting someone in a road rage incident.

But now he’s just out to help humanity, first with pot farms (until the ROI got too small) and now magic mushrooms? Color me suspicious of his motives.

14 Likes

as opposed to… a ton of nausea inducing bricks???

This is very intriguing as someone with episodic Cluster Headaches.

Magic mushrooms supposedly stop a cluster period and it would be much better than the two months of indescribable pain & $1000 shots that make me feel like I’m going to have a heart attack.

9 Likes

My favorite version of that…

shut-up-and-take-my-money-o|nullxnull

4 Likes

Well, if you’re Remy the Rat, it’s magical. :grin:

source

It’s a mega gigantic Chanterelle!

1 Like