Magician makes dogs' treats vanish

All the dog owners have to be hysterical women for the trick to work.
Well, it’s not that funny is it?

Watch again. He actually puts the treat (visible) in the first dogs mouth before starting.

I’m sure they do but 2 in particular are known for their scent ability; Bloodhounds and Bassets.

Really? Just about every hunting dog has excellent problem solving abilities. Scent hounds are no exception. Now, a Basset may not care about the problem YOU want solved, but they certainly are no slouches in solving problems they care about. They may look goofy, silly, and slightly daft, but don’t let them fool you. Bassets are very intelligent animals.

Video?

He flicks the treat into his sleeve - there’s one video on his site where you get a nanosecond glimpse of the treat.

The dogs are confused because his hands (and possibly clothes) smell so strongly of the treat that they can’t quite distinguish the source of the smell, so they’re relying on the visual cue to find it.

I don’t think this causes permanent anxiety to the dogs. The less happy ones will have an abiding memory of this chap, those treats.

I wish I could, but I don’t own any devices that I can record with.

It’s a shame, really, because you could see how funny/annoying it can be. Sometimes, when I’m holding her, she head butts me hard enough to knock my glasses off.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.