Magnet fishing is the coolest hobby you probably didn't know existed

Through devil magic! They’re twice as effective when used in conjunction with idle hands. I assume that causes some sort of range boosting effect and is how they manage to keep bringing up safes.

1 Like

This.

I do a lot of “weird” things to feed my metalworking hobby. Collecting a bucket of black magnetite sand from a beach will get you weird looks but that’s about it. Collecting a pouch of pine resin (to make engraver’s resin) from trees surrounding a parking lot (that I now know to be for a homeland security building) will get you talked to by some friendly security folks.

I’m lucky that I’m perceived as a non-threatening minority (looking pretty damn Japanese), but I have to imagine that my homeland security experience may have gone down a bit differently if my heritage was middle eastern.

4 Likes

maybe its me, and I DO like the video, but?

i’m thinking

$500 magnet. and i did not see the OTHER end of the rope tied off to anything…

I’d be worried of spash, there goes the rope, and? OOPS!

but anyhow…

1 Like

I wonder if a magnet would work as a platypus lure?

1 Like

Has to be a functioning gun, which is going to be pretty rare digging them up from the river bed.

Buys $500 magnet so he can find a few dollars worth of trash; ties a rope around it in such a way to reduce it’s holding power by at least half. Maybe they’ll put him on a new season of The Detectorists.

Does that mean I’ll go to hell if I use them?

If those knuckleheads with the love locks cause enough metal debris to fall into the water, this might be useful in retrieving them.

Absolutely! Hell is often depicted as being underground, which would put it closer to the Earth’s core and source of our magnetic field. So I suppose one could argue that using magnets could directly lead one to hell…

Luckily all the cool people are apparently going to hell though, so perhaps a magnet fishing party could be arranged there.

OMG runaway summer movie idea. Concrete Blonde x Transformers x Baywatch remixes never caught up, and the 4K DeepDream re-rerelease (Kenshin)es hit against the fall rush in legalized country theaters.

[Kate Bush:] He was a Mississippi VA client with a spec-printed para-dimagnetic plate in his head.
She will have had Powapatomac Choice Chakra Clinic spackle high-moment inclusion steel over metal afflicted diploë.
They can’t be close. But they choose never to part.
At a fishing tournament.
[Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Kevin Hart:] Guest Neck Appearances by Terry Crews.

*kids who are too goody-two-shoes to climb over a short fence.

1 Like

Dang. I knew that special offer at the DIY cerntre weas too good to be true.

1 Like

Every bit of music and dialogue in that clip is instantly familiar and buried in my brain permanently.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.