Magnet fishing is what one makes of it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/20/magnet-fishing-is-what-one-mak.html

2 Likes

The most exciting finds are unexploded ordnance.

9 Likes

icp-magnet001

14 Likes

Which is why you’re posting a video of it?

2 Likes

I love watching those videos.

7 Likes

Pretty sure that “historic wheel” is a brake shoe, possibly lined with asbestos.

1 Like

"What is that? OMG What is that? It’s a sign. OMG WOW, its our 3rd sign today. This is incredible. "

Work gloves, safety boots might help plus tetanus shots up to date.

12 Likes

considering silver and gold arent magnetic and just about everything that is is prone to terrible rusting… well you might find neat stuff but probably not anything terrible valuable, huh…

4 Likes

What about nickel?

1 Like

Not interested. Doesn’t work for steelhead.

11 Likes

Clearly you need a better magnet.

Or you need to stop going after austensic steelhead; other allotropes are much more readily ferromagnetic.

2 Likes

16 Teslas!

3 Likes

Somehow that is not surprising.

And what do I get? Another day older, and deeper in debt.

6 Likes

You have to work in an ancient city like London or Paris or Rome to find the really cool stuff. Also, why don’t coos do this around bridges, etc. on a regular basis? There are videos of these guys pulling up guns and knives. Why would those end up in the river…

1 Like

Chief operating officers? Not sure what “coos” are here but solid point I think.

1 Like

Only lobster

5 Likes

It does seems like a compelling and entertaining hobby and I do already have a rope.

Also, I am glad the park got that Brake caliper back into the museums hands. Future generations should enjoy that.

The european version of this is way more compelling, Their rivers are full of WW!! artifacts and safes and guns from the 1980’s