Make your Keurig as messy as a French press and as tasty as motel drip coffee with this reusable plastic k-cup

Kawa parzona is a thing, you know. And no whining about grounds, man up.

Well, that narrows it down, although it doesn’t rule out “vile obscenity” or “death threat”. :grin:

The Interwebs translate that for me as “brewed coffee”, which a cone filter produces. What am I missing?

2 Likes

I love my aeropress, but it is the messiest way to make coffee there is. they always leak. grounds seem to get everywhere. I’m on probably my 5th one, because they seem to lose suction after a year or so. But still cheaper and more portable than a $1000 espresso machine.

That’s how I do, as well. Is the best and simplest way to make a cup of coffee.

However, we’re doing some international travel soon and I bought instant packets to take for that. I don’t have to like it, I just need to hold it together until I get home.

1 Like

My findings with a “green” reusable K-cup match the article almost exactly. They flow water too fast without a paper filter internally. That is why we have to grind so fine and pack it in there. I decided it was not worth the effort and fully agree with the Aeropress as a better solution for a similar level of work.

I’m with you. Aerpopress looks like a more complicated version of a french press that wastes some paper.

2 Likes

That’s what the egg shells are for

1 Like

I was drinking coffee earlier.

2 Likes

Not complicated and makes way better coffee.

For my personal use I use about one package of filters a year. That amounts to paper about the volume of a deck of cards. Or you can get a reusable metal filter which is similar to what are used in commercial espresso machines.

But French presses make good coffee, too. Do your thing.

2 Likes

They’re different processes. A french press steeps the coffee, then the plunger filters out most of the grounds. An Aeropress uses air pressure to force water through the coffee, producing a brew closely resembling espresso. The paper that is wasted is a thin disc about 50mm in diameter that can be composted or even rinsed and reused.

Cleanup is easier with the Aeropress, although neither method is an impossible chore.

1 Like

does it improve if you re-use the grounds?

so what’s the ETA of this being a product advertised on Boing Boing?

1 Like

You can even get reusable filters for the aeropress. Can’t say more than that, as I’ve never used them.

When our kids were little, the cheap-o coffee maker with a timer was the only thing that kept me sane. When you have to get up at 5:30 am on 3-4 hours of interrupted sleep having coffee already made is a lifesaver.

1 Like

I need a whole pot though! Two cups each for two people plus coffee in the thermos for later! It’ll take me all day to do all that with a pour-over.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s super handy, i just have no need for it. Adding 3 scoops of coffee in the filter and adding water is part of the coffee ritual that i enjoy.

2 Likes

The other part I enjoy is getting out of bed and the house already smells like fresh coffee. I can’t explain the appeal but the cliche “wake up and smell the coffee” is real. It’s a thing that I love.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I’ve been that housemate, and I always enjoyed making coffee for everyone.

Never, ever been a grounds-dumper. Coffee grounds + grease = fatberg.

3 Likes

Yes, but why can’t I find this in the Boing Boing store?

1 Like