Make your own: Hardback Reading Light

[Permalink]

1 Like

At first I was thinking incandescent bulbs so my reaction was “Yes, setting Atlas Shrugs on fire is the appropriate course of action, but this seems like a lot of extra work for that end.”

1 Like

This might be helpful. I have a couple of big books that I started to make into hiding spots for valuables, by trying to cut holes through the centers of pages. I gave up because I didn’t want to cut out that same shape from hundreds of pages. Maybe a frame like this would work better, although I’d still like to put fake page-ends around it somehow so it looks like a book until you open it.

Pretty sure the fastest way would be to clamp the pages between two boards and use a jigsaw to cut out the middle section. Razor blade might work, too, but would be slower.

1 Like

Or I just had the idea of using a dremel tool and the vertical router base attachment to cut the outline of your hole. Glue all the pages together first with a watered down white glue solution

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.