Making a biblically accurate angel tree topper

Originally published at: Making a biblically accurate angel tree topper | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I never considered that the biblical description of angels amounted to a beholder with wings instead of eyestalks.

4 Likes

Is the scale off? Not a single one of those would fit on the head of a pin.

2 Likes

So the answer is none?

1 Like

Actually I feel like you could make a kinda cool tree topper with an intersecting wheel (one of the biblical descriptions) design:
(Edit: not sure about the baby in the middle of this. Just a random google image…)

2 Likes

Depends on the type of Angel, at least one is just a face with at least six wings, and they’re supposed to be pretty tough, martial entities, so this fulfills some descriptions.
I do not have the skills necessary to build something like this, but if a 3D-printed version was available, I’d have one and buy a tree especially to put it on!

3 Likes

Anyone else now singing the theme to Neon Genesis Evangelion?

7 Likes

Lxc1KLb

19 Likes

A load of them up on Etsy right now!

It seems to have gone viral this year.

3 Likes

YHWH’s surveillance drones.

4 Likes

I saw a post the other day that said that whoever came up with the biblical description of an angel was probably high as a kite and saw a peacock and I haven’t known peace since.

11 Likes

I never knew that this was a Christmas song.

2 Likes

Well yeah, if you really want to be biblically accurate, the angel on a tree is presumably Gabriel, who the bible initially describes as having the “appearance of a man”.

1 Like

See also the fascinating (well, fascinating to me) story of the multi-ocular O:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.