Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

My kids are fully under the thrall of the sculpey. My own glee doesn’t hurt. we’ve branched into “animal-hybrid” ponies now.

here’s Skunk, who can do a magic repellant spray:

She’s wholly concieved and designed by my 5yo, though I took my duties as structural consultant a bit too far and remodelled the body and placed the hair. (but really, in architecture, most aesthetic derives from apparent structral stability, so…ok I’m working on it…)

here’s her next one, Raspberry, who’s a giraffe/pony hybrid who emits an overwhelmingly sweet odor that distracts enemies.

I did rework the body a bit for structure, but she did hair, mouth eyes and cutie mark solo.

Finally, I learned to completely let go, and for this one, rather than stepping in, I just made her remake the body over and over, reminding her of our techniques, until she had something that would stand. Deer is 100% (meaning I have to eat all the bacon :wink: ) hers.

I managed to distract myself by building Bat, a seasoned, no-nonsense warrior queen of the bat-ponies. She isn’t as refined as I would like, despite planning her all week (sketches below), as I had to squeeze her build into the length of my kids’ attention span. My intent had been more cape and cowl, less battle armor. In the end, I’m legit in love with her. Like love, love.

She’s already led all the animal ponies into a pitched battle against an alligator who lives in the grotto under the trampoline. The pre-battle speech was…some of my best work

finally: Mozzarella Ice Cream. Conceived, comissioned and dictated by my 2.5yo to me and my 5yo for building so she’d have her own hardcore battle pony.

25 Likes