Males More Likely to Achieve Lasting Immortality

“They were more likely to do silly things, like die in tar pits,” Gower says.

7 Likes

Immortal idiocy. Perfect.

7 Likes

Males more likely to die young for stupid reasons.

9 Likes

As opposed to unsanitary reasons?

1 Like

I suppose it is unsanitary to leave your body lying around for people to find thousands of years later.

1 Like

“Hold my fermented berries…”

12 Likes

Well, look at modern herd animals: young males are more likely to travel solo, and act sort of as scouts for the herd, until they feel strong enough to challenge the dominant male. They are the sorts that would take more risks, leave the herd, take shortcuts across the tar pits while looking for where the females in heat are.

2 Likes

Ozymandias was a dude, and see? Everyone remembers him!

2 Likes

Lucky there is no tar pits by me. We just attached sleds to our buddy’s WRX.

5 Likes

I’m thinking more of less-than-sanitary personal practices that lead one to leaving one’s body for posterity via infection etc. It may take awhile to learn that cleanliness is good.

Because until fairly recently, the people who WROTE history (and aligned fields) were men… :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

While very, very true, this article is more about “hey, most of the fossilized remains we found in tar pits seem to me male. In fact, they are almost all male. Huh. That’s actually kind of weird.”

4 Likes

Or the paleontologists in the field were mostly men who thought to themselves, “If I were a mammoth, where would I go?”.

2 Likes

It’s just that all the female fossils didn’t get any recognition.

4 Likes

They got 75% of the recognition…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.