Mall of America sues #Blacklivematter activists to force them to tweet protest cancellation

It was kinda awesome when I was too young to drive. Your parents would drop you off with your spending money and 35 cents for the payphone. Everyone won. Parents didn’t have to deal with cranky teens/preteens, Kids get to socialize and people watch and be “cool” outside of school.

Now I avoid it like the plague and the nearest I come is 494.

2 Likes

Me too. The attorneys advising the MOA could end up triggering a Mojo Nixon sort of concert vibe.

Maybe there will be a flash concert? Singing could be a good approach. Media are more likely to play the songs … more reportable than legal documents.

Is “flash concert” a thing? I dunno. It would be less easily misreported than “flash mob” I’m guessing.

1 Like

We need more guys with a guitar and a sharp lyrics. The art of the protestsong has to be cultivated.

1 Like

Since the MoA has freedom of speech, can’t they tweet the cancellation of the protest themselves? Is it anybody else’s fault if they are impotent to stop it?

3 Likes

Yes x100! We are overdue for a digital renaissance of socially shared music, performances and other literature and art, esp. for political demonstrations.

There’s less need to wait for media to report the message when it can be shared directly and peer-to-peer and CC licenses.

2 Likes

(if you ain’t got mojo nixon/your store could use some fixin’)

6 Likes

Mall Cop tries to interrupt Party Rock Shuffle Flash Mob:

2 Likes

Community organizers should study dance! Every employee in the mall who saw them, including the security officer, probably felt a little tempted to start dancing too. Dancing joyously in a such a commodified, heavily regulated space illuminates the true privately imposed limits on social freedoms more than a straight demonstration or activity that risks violence.

1 Like

Now, fellow workers, shed no tear,
For brave Joe Hill died without fear;
He told the bosses’ gunmen, low:
“I’m ready; fire! Let her go!”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.