Malware-packing Chinese lady who hacked her way into Trump's Florida Mar-a-Lago now faces federal charges

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/03/malware-packing-chinese-lady-w.html

3 Likes

“How many spies don’t we know about?” With 45’s penchant for ignoring regulations I’d wager most of the quick turnaround staff in Mar-a-largo since 2016.

14 Likes

• Two Chinese passports
• Four (4!) cellphones
• One laptop
• One external hard drive
• One USB thumb drive containing malware.
• She had no swimsuit.

The no swimsuit freaked me out too.

14 Likes

Serious business, but Mar-A_Lago/Trump, so…I’m stumped about who to root for.

14 Likes

Psssssst! Check the club membership roster.

13 Likes

tumblr_inline_oldq62ha8h1uyjd37_500|nullxnull

4 Likes

“Skinny-dipping Chinese cyber-spy infiltrates presidential mansion”

If that doesn’t have “guilty pleasure late-night viewing” written all over it, I’ll eat a Netflix DVD.

14 Likes

Trump didn’t get charged with collusion but, this lady is being charged with attempted collusion? I guess it isn’t a collusion delusion.

6 Likes

Damn, the deep state is killin’ it these days.

2 Likes

Mal-ware-lago?

(There’s definitely some wordplay to be had here. Not sure if this is it.)

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure that you’re only supposed to carry one of your many passports when you’re infiltrating an enemy installation. It makes it easier to play dumb and talk your way out of it when they catch you.

5 Likes

Way to over think, all she had to do was leave a diamond-encrusted thumb drive in the ladies restroom.

4 Likes

The real question is - how does he blame Hillary for this?

11 Likes

Spying isn’t what it used to be, apparently.

1 Like

So, would you say that the President owning and operating a private club is proving to be a National Security issue?

That said club happened to be vetted by the Secret Service and declared to have unworkable security and not being a good location for presidential retreats, even if it was a completely private property without public access, would make it even worse, right?

And yet, I hear a chorus of cows mewing about butter emails…

7 Likes

She obviously wasn’t caught up on watching the complete series of The Americans.

3 Likes

This sounds like a nice diversion, so I wonder: how far did the REAL agents get?

7 Likes

I knew a lady who would walk into a downtown hotel dressed like this,

order a pop at the poolside bar and go for a swim. Cheaper and less crowded than the Y or municipal pool.

It seems the Secret Service does not know of this ploy.

3 Likes

In Miami Beach you stand out if not dressed like this.

So many issues here.
The Secret Service lets randos into close proximity to the president of the United States, thanks to the dynamics of his owning and visiting a club.

There’s no list of visitors to the club.

If the Chinese government wanted to send an agent in there, they could have just bought a damn membership (or paid a member to take them in with them).

I just wonder if this was only done as a diversion from the real spycraft being done there. Everything about the president and his environs are so insecure, and access to him is so easy, there’s no way he’s not already utterly compromised in every possible way.

But they can bring in guests. (And we know people are being paid to bring in guests.) And there’s no list of guests.

@Papasan

I think you mean

9 Likes