Shots fired near Trump's Mar-a-Lago, SUV breaches security, 2 female suspects in custody

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/31/shots-fired-near-trumps-mar.html

3 Likes

Mob-a-Lago, place is all mobbed up, and sh!t.

11 Likes

They were animal rights activists planning to liberate the bedbugs being held in captivity there

28 Likes

Seems like it’s not directly any sort of attack ON Mar-a-lago, but whatever they were being chased or was near enough?

[ETA] On re-read, it looks like they were specifically trying to break into Mar-a-lago?

Whatever the facts are, the administration will use this as evidence of a left-wing conspiracy against the poor, beleaguered , but brave President…

14 Likes

f452a790-16fb-409a-96cb-e54739c12946_text_hi

8 Likes

Rehearsal? Testing 1,2,3…

2 Likes

Well, it IS still Florida…

4 Likes

Well, the shots fired were by the cops, so that’s not really the same in my book. And an SUV running the security points could have just been been drunk Secret Service agents.

Wake me when something interesting happens, like a mob with pitch forks and torches.

9 Likes

So as not to breach BB rules/guidelines, maybe you should just add me to the Disappointed List.

7 Likes

Are these those crisis actors I keep hearing about?

SAG or Equity? I hope they’re not scabs.

7 Likes

I don’t like joking about crisis actors… just gives more fuel to the nutters. YMMV.

1 Like

Based on what’s being said about it now, it looks like the opposite to me. If the chase started several miles away, with the cops having been called about the women involved in an incident with another car (sounds like drunken vandalism), and they got chased from there, that sounds like they got (accidentally) chased into Mar-a-Lago?

Like the incident where some guys got chased into a military base - the cops were after them, so when they saw checkpoints in front of them, they just plowed through without any awareness of where they were going, besides “away from the cops.”

Evergreen statement.

6 Likes

I guess they’re going deploy the first land mines outside Mar-a-Lago.

7 Likes

Thelma and Louise can’t read a map. This is a terrible indictment of the public school system.

1 Like

If its on the golf course, then I approve.

1 Like

Why is the President using Mar-A-Lago when it is a Security Nightmare?

Because he’s a child, because he’s a bad golfer, because it enriches him, or all three?

9 Likes

Ah… okay. So this was not some threat aimed at Mar-a-lago, just adjacent to it…

3 Likes

Okay, so it seems a couple of shots were fired by the police towards some unknowns in a SUV who took off in the direction of Mar-a-Largo.

Is this a significant event, or does it just reflect the ambient lead in the air in the US?

1 Like

Golf
Membership fees for access
Golf
Convenient nearby docking for Russian oligarch mega-yachts
Golf
No Fly Zone when he’s there so, noise free golf (It’s an ongoing problem he’s fighting with the FAA)
Golf
Nearby massage parlors
Golf
Can smell like every other old guy in Florida

4 Likes

That’s like calling the White Pages a list.

4 Likes