This 23-year-old who is charged with posing as a NYC lawyer to grift 'clients' also co-founded 'Students for Trump'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/25/man-23-charged-with-posing-a.html

5 Likes

America’s obsession with money is why people like this kid exist. Being a “winner” has nothing to do with morals but everything to do with your bank account. Trump himself is really just a grifter who figured out how to work the system: use lawyers and accountants like weapons, leave other people on the hook for your losses, when that pool dries up find new money in Russia.

21 Likes

I think con men exist regardless of your political system.

7 Likes

Sure, but they flourish in certain systems and ours seems to be hitting a critical mass.

19 Likes

They say it’s easier to con a conman because they’re so accustomed to being the manipulator instead of the manipulated. Which would explain why so many people seem to be able to play Trump like a fiddle.

18 Likes

Does he have a Queens accent?
Does he have a multi-millionaire father?
I see big things on the horizon for this promising young man!

5 Likes

Sure, but it’s spelled C A P I T A L I S M, not M O N E Y.

7 Likes

Sure, but they benefit enormously from the GOP’s anti-accountability, anti-regulation, anti-white collar prosecution, anti-anti-corruption ideology. The GOP is currently headed by a conman, who has elevated equally sketchy people to cabinet positions, and is concentrating on ensuring the most permissive environment for kleptocracy. The dems have some corruption, but nothing like what is going on at the highest levels of government under the GOP.

16 Likes

2 Likes

Possible? Yes. Easier? Not sure. It’s certainly a lie that you can’t cheat honest people, and it is an aphorism that isn’t limited to the tile of this film. Look at Trump “University”, cheating people looking to make honest money in real estate out of thousands of dollars. Honest people are cheated all the time. Or look at all the employees cheated out of pay by Trump.

2 Likes

Fraud and Trump seem to always get associated with each other. I wonder why?

10 Likes

Pardon me… is that a pardon I smell?

3 Likes

Birds of a feather grift together.

4 Likes

I doubt that it was he who figured out how to work the system. So who figured it out? (See below)

2 Likes

Trump:
tumblr_mn9l448ThR1qgr0y2o1_250

3 Likes

Oh, and by the way: he was also the co-founder of Students for Trump.

tumblr_p255i6wTrv1vkwwv9o1_500

7 Likes

w41bqiX

(Might as well keep the Arrested Development memes going)

7 Likes

Obligs:

9 Likes

And of course it never hurts to have one of the richest people in America as your father.

4 Likes

Yeah, he wouldn’t have even made it as a grifter if he hadn’t been stupidly rich to begin with. He’d be worth more today if he put his inheritance in an index fund and sat on it for a couple of decades instead of flushing countless millions down the drain in hare-brained schemes to put his name on more stuff.

10 Likes