Man attempts to ignore TSA and walk into the terminal unscreened

Originally published at: Man attempts to ignore TSA and walk into the terminal unscreened | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Well, that escalated predictably!

12 Likes

Fast And Furious Mom GIF by The Fast Saga

13 Likes

too much carbon dioxide in the air

1 Like

I hope the guitar is okay. If you’re going to do something that’s guaranteed to get you tackled by airport security, you should really invest in a hard shell case.

7 Likes

wow, i definitely need to hear more about this one. what the hell was he thinking??

3 Likes

I mean, it’s a stupid idea, but I think a lot of people, if they thought about this, would say the problem is with the TSA – like, its whole existence – and not the passenger.

In 2002 half the people in the terminal would take for granted that he was trying to blow up a plane with his bare hands because he hated freedom. In 2023, no one believes that. It’s just some guy being tackled by a team of uniforms for trying to walk somewhere. Everyone there wants to do the same, and they know there’s no good reason why they shouldn’t.

This is not at all like the public subservience to regular cops, where the propaganda is backed up by (1) leaving certain categories of people alone and (2) the existence of actual crime. TSA fucks with everyone and accomplishes nothing. It feels to me like a dangerous situation for a government to have set up and then stopped caring about.

Put it this way: does anyone want to bet that a crowd of pissed-off Americans won’t ever spontaneously try this en masse? And that could be a can of wiggly-ass worms.

14 Likes

el-mariachi-movie-poster-1993

Yeah those hard shell guitar cases are definitely worth the money.
Gig bags aren’t what you’d put a really good guitar into, at least, not if you wanted to keep a good guitar good.

8 Likes

What I find confusing is that he’s trying to walk BACK, and NOT INTO the terminal. It’s evident by the screens hanging from the ceiling facing us, and not away from us. Maybe he was with the folks who are filming, and realized he was becoming separated from his group?

2 Likes

The TSA is mostly theater. Mostly.

5 Likes

All the world’s a stage,
And all the TSA agents merely bad actors.

9 Likes

Yikes, that I have never seen.
Earlier this year, I was flying home from PHX and security pulled aside a dude that had a straight razor in his kit. He looked like a hipster that would genuinely use one, but still…

This reeks of TikTok stunt for vieeewwwwsss

Do Not Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

5 Likes

TSA agents:

“It’s happening! It’s FINALLY HAPPENING!!!”

3 Likes

2017:

OTOH:

2023:

2022:

2020:

They’re learning.

clever girl GIF

3 Likes

Maybe a diversion to distract attention from an accomplice who waltzed in with a concealed weapon? On second thought, maybe just an idiot.

2 Likes

Yeah but, all other things being equal, it’s lots faster his way.

1 Like

Aha! Checks off another Mexican cultural meme from this video.

https://www.decolonizingthemusicroom.com/a-legacy-for-mexican-children

6 Likes

This is the reaction I was scrolling to see. Looks like somebody remembers Taking Sense Away.