Man blames media for news

d340db8be957631cbb238fb4e4e10155

Fully a third of the population in Africa is under 24, the median age is 20, the lowest risk group for COVID. Compare with Italy, where the media age is ~50.

1 Like

That might (partly) explain the reported deaths there - three (3) in all of sub-Sahara Africa. It does nothing to explain the almost complete lack of cases (~150 total).

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. Guess I’ll have to look for another general contractor.

There is, of course, a third path. (Well, there are tons of paths.)

Those who know Cigarettes are dangerous for their health, but who can’t stop smoking them; even though they have tried many, many times. So they accept that they are damaging their health and keep trying to stop even though they can’t.

Cigarettes are a very, very addictive substance, both physically and mentally; and not everyone can quit them, even with help. Heaven forbid that you have adverse reactions to the drugs that help people quit; and even the vape pens.

And no, for the record, I don’t smoke.

2 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

It still needs an “Acknowledge Dissonance and Carry On” path.

From an addicted smoker. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OH I didn’t know there was a UK Alex Jones. I much prefer the UK version.

2 Likes

That’s the “Change Perception of Action” path.

1 Like

Except I’m not changing the perception of my action.

Smoking is bad for me yet I continue to smoke.

2 Likes

You’ve changed your perception. It’s “not that” bad.

Maybe you prefer more cigarettes and fewer revolutions. I feel the same about some things :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Lack of medical infrastructure and testing facilities may, though.

2 Likes

Exactly the point I was making. The lack of case reporting in sub-Sahara Africa in the WHO sitreps is accurate based on the information WHO is getting, but I believe it is inaccurate due to the lack of ability (or interest?) to gather the data to the same resolution in other countries. I suspect the same may be true for Russia.

In other words, the SitReps accurately reflect inaccurate data. Which is NOT to say the SitReps are useless.

5 Likes

It’s in front of an H-E-B, so presumably this is Texas Man. But he’d be more convincing had he delivered his missive from the inside of his truck.

I think even Jones is on board, or at least pretending to be.

2 Likes

You’ve no idea what I perceive or think. And we’re off topic…

1 Like

I concede it’s somewhat tautological, but by definition if you have low dissonance, you don’t think its that bad, or, if you do, you dont think it being bad is bad.

If anybody has been following this chart - I’ve been checking it each day to see how we are doing. Unfortunately we are way ahead of the 1.25 growth, with our confirmed cases today over 10k, nearly twice what the chart projected for 19Mar.

I can’t see numbers improving until we’ve been self - separating for at least 2 weeks. At that point anybody who already had the virus when we started isolating ourselves would know it now, and hopefully did not spread it to anybody else. Then maybe the rate will start to drop.

1 Like

The next couple of days is going to be hell on the charts; this isn’t an indication that the social distancing isn’t working, but more of an understanding of how screwed we actually already are.

The complete and utter failure to obtain enough test supplies to actively manage and chart the infection’s spread means that once tests become more available we’re going to see a huge jump in numbers as people who are sick are actually able to be tested. I’ve heard suggestions that we may have 100x as many cases as we have documented due to the lack of testing. Hopefully those who have it but who haven’t been able to be tested will be tested and get better treatment.

I am hoping with all my furor that the increased slope is due mostly to slowly increasing test kits revealing the underlaying problem, not that the infection slope is that high.

(And might I vent some frustration regarding the complete and utter ineptitude of the federal emergency response which has lead to this point?)

3 Likes