New Zealand Prime Minister shuts down Covid denier: “Sorry sunshine, wrong place”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/14/new-zealand-prime-minister-shuts-down-covid-denier-sorry-sunshine-wrong-place.html

23 Likes

Sick burn.
“We’ve got someone who obviously got an education in America.”

93 Likes

This is how the USA looks to the world now. A plague ship, teeming with ignorant, infected goblins…

105 Likes

Avast!

I’ll be on the intensive care deck.

27 Likes

They’re not exactly wrong.

54 Likes

America’s greatest export is quickly becoming ignorance, cruelty and denial.

45 Likes

Sunshine will no doubt post something about “HE DIDN’T ANSWER MY QUESTION! THEREFORE THE VIRUS IS A HOAX! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!”

21 Likes

Good for him; stop entertaining ignorance as if it has any value.

56 Likes

Correction to headline: that’s “Deputy Prime Minister.” The actual Prime Minister is 40-year-old Jacinda Ardern, who seems to be kicking ass and taking names on this pandemic.

72 Likes

You sound a touch stern… nonetheless, I bow to you.

17 Likes

Would that the media here in the US did the same.

35 Likes

New Zealand is looking good to me.

21 Likes

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

27 Likes

In the US, freak shows have returned to the “circus”.

10 Likes

How about just call his bluff: “Sir, we can infect you today as proof, come with me to the COVID ward at the nearest hospital for a delicious glass of fresh sputum.”

19 Likes

It’s about time, really. America never was America.

11 Likes

I’m just worried about when the bread runs out…

15 Likes

SBS missed the follow-up burn. Truther was already over-long on time.

When the man attempted to respond, Peters told him to be silent.

“Quiet, we have manners at our meetings as well,” the deputy prime minister said.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/winston-peters-roasts-covid-19-denier-at-campaign-rally_au_5f865fa4c5b6c4bb5470df5a

37 Likes

14 Likes

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could make it so, though? I try to do what I can to turn the lie of it into truth, though it’s a huge task of dubious likelihood.

6 Likes