Man breaks obscure English laws, tried to get arrested

I think it may be based on the story I’ve heard about employment contracts banning people in the Massachusetts Bay Colony from feeding their servants lobster too many times per week.

1 Like

The version I heard was prisons in Maine (then part of the Mass Bay Colony), but likely equally apocryphal.

British police in most cases aren’t armed. They’re trained in conversation and deescalation. They’re also kept distinctly dissimilar from their armed component. In London, one tends not to flinch when around police.

1 Like

True, but,

Results may vary due to ethnicity.

3 Likes

You mean I heard a false story? Impossible!

1 Like

I just learned that Canada repealed the law against alarming the Queen last year. It was one of the most serious crimes on the books on a level with murder, treason, piracy, and terrorism.

1 Like

Of course, the police do abide by the peelian principles

And if it is happy it will gnaw on you wedding tackle.
Which is what it will do if it’s bored or hungry or contemplative or …

The Met Police tend to move the more obvious fascists into the TSG.

(the SPG was the predecessor of the TSG, it was renamed after repeated controversies in the unit)

2 Likes

It would only be a playful bite, which might be breaking other less obscure laws depending on your reasons for ferret legging.

2 Likes

4 Likes

In fairness, I did post that in a hurry without extrapolating on all scenarios. Post was intended more as a comparison to US policing.

1 Like

Came here for “WE FLEW A KITE IN A PUBLIC PLACE,” was not disappointed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.