Man can't wear shorts to work on hot day, so he abides by women's dress code instead

They are quite nice and POCKETS! BIG BIG POCKETS! Also really well made, you can wear them daily for years.

17 Likes

It’s in my hometown! Go Nantes bus drivers!
(Damn, the last few days have been so hot…)

10 Likes

I’d go for a utilikilt purely for the pockets.

13 Likes

Pockets! Now I want one too.
Probably could pull it of also.

12 Likes

All my Scottish aunts and both grandmothers said I have the legs for a kilt. Only worn them in weddings so far, but I do agree. i’ve got kilt legs.

11 Likes

They are not the only generic modern kilt company out there so there should be something local to you, and they do indeed look good on any gender.

edit fixed for @popobawa4u and cause old habits and all that.

4 Likes

I don’t have anything against them and they look great on everyone. It just seems like there is a lot of strong opinions both pro and against (the people that wear them more than the actual garment). Do you get that much. That “Ohhhhh you’re one of those utilikilts dudes” and then a bunch of assumptions are made about you. In my younger days I often dressed with the expectation of confrontation and kind of got a thrill. Now I just want a quiet bus ride with no crazy person talking at me.

2 Likes

Because riding soldier preferred pants. Also, for most of Europe it isn’t a problem, pants work fine.

Personally, I don’t mind for others, but I’d never wear shorts in public anyway, so it’s a non issue for me. It’s not that much cooler anyway.

2 Likes

Yes, pockets in clothing are nice, aren’t they? (You’ll notice dude’s dress at the top lacks pockets.)

14 Likes

And yet no one called him out for wearing a black shirt with navy shorts. That dress is far more tasteful.

5 Likes

Damn right. Short dresses are so much more pleasant than pants on hot days. (I’m about to ride my bike to work in 112F heat, in my engineer blue jeans.)

2 Likes

That is one of the things I miss from before I transitioned. Skirts on hot days at work. I have a utilikilt, but I don’t dare try something like this or there are folks that would say, “OMG! See, I told you he wasn’t really a man!”

18 Likes

Please be safe.

13 Likes

The dude abides.

3 Likes

Offices in UK aren’t air conditioned?

more room for me to, then. : D

3 Likes

i suggest he pick up some of the unisex skirts from Skirtcraft.
https://www.skirtcraft.com/

4 Likes

Dude rocks that dress, but he really should learn to accessorize.

3 Likes

Hmmm, i am hispanic so i have no insight but are pants worn under these?

also i know that in India it’s common to wear linen pants and they breathe pretty well. I have a pair of linen “slacks” i wear on occasion for work and i love them.

3 Likes

All very well but try getting a Scots tailor to run up the MacEnkita tartan.
(Some of my grandchildren on the other hand have a choice - this is the preferred one for school Nationalities Day:
http://www.lindaclifford.com/Images/MacLeanHtg.jpg

The Head wears a somewhat different one but so far, AFAIK, none of the Greek kids have worn theirs.)

4 Likes