Kilt overalls

Originally published at: Kilt overalls | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Wow. This is the first time I have ever thought that I might actually wear a kilt.

5 Likes

So, basically a heavy-duty frock?
I would totally wear this.

18 Likes

So, ladies, you wanted pockets?

18 Likes

Sweet I’m learning the bagpipes and I need a ridiculous outfit for my ridiculously poor playing.

7 Likes
8 Likes

On one hand it’s provides some nice ventilation on hot days.

On the other hand don’t go climbing any ladders unless you’re wearing undies.

1 Like

Damn, I must have missed the episode of Highlander where Bob Vila guest starred.

7 Likes

And cheaper than the Utilikilt Workman to boot.

3 Likes

I won’t buy from Amazon if there is ANY alternative, including waiting, so I’ll be hanging fire on this. As a regular kilt-wearer - the real thing, in tartan, sometime even in my clan colours - I find black “utility” kilts not quite the thing. What’s worse is that the wearers seldom understand that the look is destroyed because they don’t wear kilt socks. Thin white legs under a utility kilt make me turn away, and as I understand it, it makes the ladies turn away too. Of course America has generally better weather, but you can get lightweight kilt socks too.
Having said all that, ithe kilt overall IS an attractive proposition, as I was doing a bit of wood-carving in my regular kilt just the other day…

11 Likes

No self respecting Scotsman wears underwear with a kilt.

IIRC, in regiments that wore kilts in WWII, they would inspect this with mirrors. Of course, not a lot of ladder use in WWII. Also the reason there were no Scottish paratroopers.

4 Likes

…and get them in garments designed for men. Typical. :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

7 Likes

The sizing link is to the official store, they have it in some sizes

4 Likes

I dunno, could be a convenient reserve chute…

2 Likes

:notes: It’s raining men, hallelujah :notes:

4 Likes

Pockets? With a Kiit?

Did you remember the subject of this thread?

1 Like

I think those are a Canadian-Scottish regiment, with a night watch tartan.

Good point, the rifle looks like something from the Armalite family tree as opposed to an SA80.

1 Like