Man can't wear shorts to work on hot day, so he abides by women's dress code instead

hahahahaha lol!!!:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I would hope that you should be able to wear a kilt should you want to. I would be pretty pissed if someone at work made a comment like that around me about someone else.

9 Likes

Not sure if serious…

2 Likes

I don’t blame them. Bare legs and saddles do not mix (and sidesaddle is one of the most ridiculous things ever devised).

7 Likes

Well riding a horse yes, or a motorbike as I am want to do, pants are the correct attire there. But for just walking about town… seriously, the kilt is way more comfy than pants.

7 Likes

Skirts are more comfortable than pants, but most women’s skirts do not have pockets. And men’s clothing almost always have pockets. I am so tired of having to sew pockets into everything!

19 Likes

Good for him.

2 Likes

When i lived in Vegas i had to bike many times to work in +100F summers. Almost got heat stroke a few times, i would need to show up to work at least a full hour early so my body could recover. I also recall asking my boss not to schedule me to work afternoons and she flipped out at me and gave me the “I’m disappointed in you” speech. Fuck retail, i’m glad i’m done with it.

7 Likes

Not just pockets, but you can fit a six pack of barley soda (or beverage of choice) in them. 3 cans in each pocket, it is obvious and clunky when you do that but it can be done.

12 Likes

I came very close to ordering a utilikilt until I noticed that every single other person I knew who wore one was the kind of person who’d confront you about their utilikilt if you looked at it sideways, then start talking about their gun collection. I decided not to be a utilikilt dude.

8 Likes

The guys i know that wore them or wanted one were geeky types. I almost bought one for myself but i ultimately did not feel comfortable wearing a kilt being a brown dude. I didn’t know if any white guys would give me shit about it but didn’t want to run the risk.

9 Likes

This pasty white dude would give you a high five…

13 Likes

Ah, gotcha. They seem to appeal most to a very specific sort of geeky LARPer who appreciates their combination of “RenFest” and “military-grade utilitarian”. (And I say that as a geeky LARPer)

6 Likes

I have it on good authority I can wear a Hamilton and Stuart. I like the green on yours.

2 Likes

Post transition hazard. Folks look for any evidence that you are not really the gender you say you are. I wear a kilt a lot on my off time, because damn they are comfy in warm weather.

17 Likes

Yeah, pasty white dudes don’t care if their culture is appropriated that much.

4 Likes

pfft it sucks anyway. they can have it if they really want it.

7 Likes

I just checked what a utilikilt is going for on ebay. If you thought women’s couture was expensive…! A couple of extra pockets and pleats shouldn’t add $30 minimum to the cost of a $20 ‘skirt’, even if the material is someone’s tartan. :rage:

2 Likes

The whole “no shorts” thing is kind of ironic, because most dress codes seem to be aimed at covering women’s bodies. But then we can wear a skirt, and men have to have long pants? He works in a call center, it’s not like he’s going to be seen by anyone other than his co-workers.

So good for him, anyway. I’m all for normalizing the gender neutrality of clothes.

16 Likes

Scots are hardly the first culture to wear kilts. Utilikilt used to have an Ancient Egyptian shape in their formal styles (seems to be discontinued now?) to recognise that. There have been others too.

9 Likes