Man carbonates milk

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/25/man-carbonates-milk.html

4 Likes

14 Likes

“Very close to the worst drink I’ve had.”

14 Likes

You Tube = People Doing Stupid Shit on Camera

7 Likes

Cleaning the milk out of that system is not going to be fun. There’s a reason they say to only carbonate plain water.

6 Likes

I think I thought about this when I had a sodastream in the 1980s. Was told then that it was a very bad idea and took that advice.

It’s right there in the FAQs on the SodaStream website: “Can I carbonate drinks other than water?” The answer doesn’t pull any punches: “No. Only water should be carbonated in the SodaStream home soda maker. You risk damaging your soda maker, not to mention making a big fizzy mess! The money-back guarantee and the warranty are both invalidated if you carbonate any liquid other than water in your soda maker.”

(From https://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/07/05/how-to-go-rogue-with-your-sodastream-and-not-lose-an-eye/)

But there is this. It seems they just add fizzy water to the milk rather than fizz up a 50/50 milk/water mix.

11 Likes

It’s always interesting to see what your high school friends are up to now.

Joe hasn’t changed a bit.

7 Likes

Lebowski%20white%20russian%202

23 Likes

That SodaStream will forever smell of spoiled milk.

10 Likes

He kinda looks like Elon Musk. I really love his little mid-western “oh geez, oh goodness” panic attack. “This is a brand new table!” And his concern of the 2-3 cups of milk that will never be recovered is hilarious. It’s just milk, dude.

7 Likes

What the hell is wrong with people? Use a freakin’ dish rag! Why do you have to waste all those paper towels. This is so common - my wife does this! Arg!

12 Likes

That’s a latte clean up.

16 Likes

Better yet, he could have just picked up the machine and set it in the sink.

3 Likes

dr-ian-malcolm-quote

13 Likes

The amount of burping that would create… yeesh.

1 Like

Is there any data out there on using a soda streamer on flat beer?

3 Likes

If this man were not scientifically-illiterate, he would not have done this because 1: nucleation points, and 2: CO2 is acidifying and acid causes milk to curdle.

11 Likes

No, Joe. “Ruined” is not too strong a word for it.

4 Likes

Well, it’s halfway to one of these classics:

4 Likes

Some people ask, “Why?” Others ask, “Why not?” Then later they say, “Oh.”

18 Likes