Man carbonates milk

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/25/man-carbonates-milk.html

4 Likes

14 Likes

“Very close to the worst drink I’ve had.”

14 Likes

You Tube = People Doing Stupid Shit on Camera

7 Likes

Cleaning the milk out of that system is not going to be fun. There’s a reason they say to only carbonate plain water.

6 Likes

I think I thought about this when I had a sodastream in the 1980s. Was told then that it was a very bad idea and took that advice.

It’s right there in the FAQs on the SodaStream website: “Can I carbonate drinks other than water?” The answer doesn’t pull any punches: “No. Only water should be carbonated in the SodaStream home soda maker. You risk damaging your soda maker, not to mention making a big fizzy mess! The money-back guarantee and the warranty are both invalidated if you carbonate any liquid other than water in your soda maker.”

(From How To Go Rogue With Your SodaStream, And Not Lose An Eye - Food Republic)

But there is this. It seems they just add fizzy water to the milk rather than fizz up a 50/50 milk/water mix.

11 Likes

It’s always interesting to see what your high school friends are up to now.

Joe hasn’t changed a bit.

7 Likes

Lebowski%20white%20russian%202

23 Likes

That SodaStream will forever smell of spoiled milk.

10 Likes

He kinda looks like Elon Musk. I really love his little mid-western “oh geez, oh goodness” panic attack. “This is a brand new table!” And his concern of the 2-3 cups of milk that will never be recovered is hilarious. It’s just milk, dude.

7 Likes

What the hell is wrong with people? Use a freakin’ dish rag! Why do you have to waste all those paper towels. This is so common - my wife does this! Arg!

12 Likes

That’s a latte clean up.

16 Likes

Better yet, he could have just picked up the machine and set it in the sink.

3 Likes

dr-ian-malcolm-quote

13 Likes

The amount of burping that would create… yeesh.

1 Like

Is there any data out there on using a soda streamer on flat beer?

3 Likes

If this man were not scientifically-illiterate, he would not have done this because 1: nucleation points, and 2: CO2 is acidifying and acid causes milk to curdle.

10 Likes

No, Joe. “Ruined” is not too strong a word for it.

4 Likes

Well, it’s halfway to one of these classics:

4 Likes

Some people ask, “Why?” Others ask, “Why not?” Then later they say, “Oh.”

17 Likes