Pepsi officially endorses ungodly 'Pilk' concoction

Originally published at: Pepsi officially endorses ungodly 'Pilk' concoction | Boing Boing

2 Likes

In case anyone is thinking ‘mmm fizzy milk - I wonder what that is like’, just a word of caution.
Do not EVER try to fizz up some milk in your Sodastream. You’ll regret it.

As for milk and cola - WTF??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

JUST. SAY. NO.

7 Likes

Given how poorly my root beer + milk turned out when I tried… I can’t imagine this actually being a thing.

1 Like

31 Likes

Since I like root beer floats fine, I imagine I would find root beer and milk at least passable, if not special.

15 Likes

That was my first thought. And it’s not like it’s generally a bad thing, Italian cream soda and egg cream sodas were a thing in soda fountains.

Something I hadn’t thought about in years, but one of my go-to non-alcoholic drinks in and just after college was a cinnamon cream soda.

Whether it’ll work with pepsi :person_shrugging:

8 Likes

How does this work without curdling the milk? Pepsi is apparently 2.53 pH (!!!), which is plenty acidic to separate the curds.

I imagine there are going to be a lot of surprised and disgusted families this holiday season. :christmas_tree:

5 Likes

12000 years ago we kids were rewarded for completing especially menial tasks (or getting As on our math exams) by going to the drive-thru at the “A&W” and getting a root-beer float. That is, root-beer + ice-cream =kinda= pepsi + milk [gormless shrug emoji]

14 Likes

EDIT: I missed the reference in the article. Carry on.

10 Likes

I come from the land :canada: of pineapple on pizza, cheese curds and gravy on french fries, and rye and cola.

I wouldn’t be allowed to complain about this even if I could be bothered. :roll_eyes:

Edit:

There’s always Mongolian Airag. Think “sour milk mixed with Bud” and your Western taste buds will tell you you’re close. It’s my personal reference substance for the concept of “acquired taste”.

8 Likes

I’m just happy to see Pepsi isn’t releasing a new pig milk product.

1 Like

From the show “Look around you”

8 Likes

Season 6 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

9 Likes

A new pig milk product?

4 Likes

That would be known as ‘porkola’.

4 Likes

What?! No boiled peanuts?!

Milk and Pepsi is tasty. Like a cola-flavored Italian soda, or a less sweet ice cream float.

5 Likes

Milk pop has long been popular in Japan - and living in Vancouver Canada I’ve had the chance to try a lot of it. It’s fine. It’s not like it’s pepsi and wine or coke in your coffee, it’s fine and refreshing.

2 Likes

Seems to me there was a recent discussion about this.

Milk and Pespi was a thing long before Leverne and Shirley. I haven’t had it in a long while because diet Pepsi ain’t is good as regular Pepsi.

The last time this came up I added Boston Coolers, popular in Detroit and Michigan, Vernors and ice cream mixed up as a thick shake are awesome.

And Pilk or Dirty Soda? Um, no. Just call it milk and Pepsi.

2 Likes

I drank this often in the ‘60s and ‘70s. Actually milk with Coke or Root Beer. It’s just like a root beer float with less sugar and fat. I don’t understand what’s wrong with people these days. Must have run of things to be outraged about.
“Stop your fake crying”

2 Likes