Man caught with dangerous "vampire straw" at airport

A Sharpie held in the fist makes a good nerve-strike weapon like a yawara or kubotan, dried out and the cap taken off, the tip would make a pretty effective striking point against vulnerable points. Unobtrusive, cheap and effective, and easy to conceal and dispose of.
The pen, of course, is mightier than the sword… :wink:

If you stab a VHS tape of Twilight with a vampire straw, does glitter pour out?

“Designed for self-defense, the Vampire straw is super tough and long enough to be used like a dagger; its chiseled tip is sharp enough to puncture most synthetic materials. The Vampire straw is also a very effective tire deflator, and can be carried in a cup, in public without attracting attention. From a cup, the Vampire straw is very easy to deploy in reverse grip, and put into action almost instantly,”

“Designed for self-defense,” my ass. After this introductory figleaf the advertiser gets to the real point, that this is a cool weapon designed to hurt, or preferably kill, people–and it can be yours!

Guns get the most attention but they’re far from the only object of deadly-weapon fetishism. The power to kill is cool, even it you never have to use it. But it’s cooler still if you do have to use it. For self-defense only, of course. “That guy took my parking spot. Watch me deflate his tire in self-defense!”

3 Likes

Uh Huh Lol GIF by SuccessionHBO

Shiv?

Although these straws sound dangerous, it raises the question: why was this individual arrested, while Madison Cawthorne, who was caught going through airport security with a handgun, was not?

Probably because people are constantly getting caught trying to bring guns in their luggage, but this might be one of the few times someone had such a straw…

Or more specifically - it’s designed to allow the owner to have the fantasy that it’s a deadly weapon that they could use to murder people (along with their weaponized pens, hats, shoes, beltbuckles, “tactical” gear, etc.) It totally is a part of the gun power fantasy.

1 Like

why was this individual arrested, while Madison Cawthorne, who was caught going through airport security with a handgun, was not?

Because there’s no constitutional right to bear teeth.

… OTOH it never said we can’t use them that way

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.