Man-child Trump throws tantrum at Kimmel as walls close in

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/17/man-child-trump-throws-tantrum-at-kimmel-as-walls-close-in.html

12 Likes

when he showed he suffered from TDS, commonly known as TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME

Aside from everything else hilarously wrong with this post that’s not how commonly used abbreviations work. It’s like saying “he was diagnosed with COVID-19, commonly known as NOVEL CORONAVIRUS DISEASE OF 2019.” No. The abbreviation is the “commonly known as” version.

At least we know why Trump has been so sleepy in court this week; he can’t stop himself from staying up to watch all the late-night shows.

17 Likes

There is, in reality, only ONE actual case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, and that’s in Trump HIMSELF.

19 Likes

I don’t know, it seems pretty widespread through the GQP

18 Likes

Or is it he that suffers from Kimmel Derangement Syndrome?

11 Likes

That’s a thing that Trump does. IIRC he didn’t call Elizabeth Warren “Pocohontas”, he called her “Elizabeth Warren, who I like to call Pocohontas”.

4 Likes

IMG_3601

Idiot asked for it.

12 Likes

I mean, the whole “_______ Derangement Syndrome” line is SO old, played, and stale… BUT let’s review the record:

People accused of suffering from “Bush Derangement Syndrome” were those concerned that his naïveté and extreme plans would bring about military disaster and economic mismanagement. Actual result: Terrorist attack, military disaster under false premises, major economic meltdown.

People accused of suffering from “Obama Derangement Syndrome” were those concerned that his naïveté and extreme plans would bring about the repeal of the 2nd Amendment, Sharia Law, and FEMA re-education camps. Actual result: meltdown cleaned up, major economic expansion, and nothing even close to those “concerns”.

People accused of suffering from “Trump Derangement Syndrome” were those concerned that his naïveté and extreme desires would bring about the erosion of the rule of law, the reformation of international order to favor autocrats, and self-dealing incompetent economic & executive mismanagement. Actual result: concerns were merited, to say the least.

20 Likes

Kimmel had a good come back:

21 Likes

Good Lord, this is worse than watching Bob Hope’s last comedy specials.

4 Likes

I printed the poem Ozymandias, by Percy Shelley, and stuck it to my fridge. Now, whenever I’m reminded of Trump I immediately think of this poem, and it gives me a great deal of comfort. He will be forgotten someday. Why, here’s a copy of Ozymandias now, just coming over the horizon:

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: “Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
‘My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!’
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

16 Likes

Oh my, what happened in the later era specials?

1 Like

Having a war of words with a comedian always ends bad for the non-comedian.

7 Likes

Counterpoint!

andy kaufman snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

9 Likes

The main thing he is deranged about is reality. RDS

3 Likes

By far the least important point, but this:

“…he forgot to say the famous and mandatory line, ‘AND THE WINNER IS.’”

—shows just how tuned in and aware the Turnip is. That “mandatory” line was dropped more than 30 years ago in favor of “And the Oscar goes to…”

7 Likes

As long as that doesn’t describe the future of the entire USA if Trump gets another term. :cry:

4 Likes

Ouch. Worser indeed.

1 Like

What’s hysterical to me is that jury selection is essentially Kimmel’s bit “Mean Tweets”, except it’s potential jurors whose tweets (and posts) are read to determine if they were too mean to allow the tweeter to decide TFG’ s fate.

1 Like

Thank you.
I needed that.

2 Likes